3. John, where are you?

Aimee stares the handsome man in front of him.

The guy is Sherlock Holmes, John's friend. He is also one annoying bastard. He has been ignoring her forever now. He only kept playing his violin like a deaf man. Ignoring all her questions about John.

A woman walks into the sitting room and stares her. She asks, "A client, Sherlock?"

The guy ignores her too.

The woman sighs and then explains, "He isn't in this world again. It happened when he's in deep thought. Nothing existence except his case. Sorry, my boyfriend isn't really talkative type. I'm Irene Adler."

Aimee asks, "Where's Dr.John Watson?"

Irene raises her eyebrows. That would explain John's scent on her.

She smirks and asks, "So he's with you?"

"What do you mean?"

"John hasn't come home for more than a week. We were worried about him. But if he's with you..."

Aimee quickly says, "I've come here to look for him. He has stopped seeing me."

Irene's smile fades away. Like everyone in the pack, she knows about John's mate. This young woman who just got released from prison.

The alpha leader asks, "He isn't with you?"

Aimee shakes her head. She explains, "He promised to see me when I got released from prison. But he never came. I haven't seen him more than a week now."

Both women look worried now.

Irene stares to Holmes. He is still in his own world. Probably for few more hours. It's hopeless to rely on him right now.

She says, "I know the clinic phone. Let me call someone over there."

She makes the phone call, "Hello, I'm Irene. Is Dr. John Watson there? No? He hasn't come in for weeks? Oh, thank you..."

A dead end.

She could order her pack members to track him down. It would take few days because London is very populated areas.

Or...

A kiss to his lips startled the detective and brings him back to reality world.

Irene says, "Sherlock, I need you..."

"Sure. Let's go to my room," replies him.

A hit to his arm.

"Not that, silly. We just did it before I went out earlier."

Sherlock only grins. He couldn't get enough of his woman.

Irene says, "We got a problem. John is missing. It has been more than a week."

Sherlock is counting with his fingers. Irene is staring him but said nothing.

Few minutes passed in total silence.

Finally Aimee couldn't stand it anymore. She asks, "Well, you know where he is?"

Holmes replies, "There are few possibilities. First he got into an accident and died somewhere. Or one of the criminals killed him. They always sworn to get even when they got caught."

Irene scolds, "Sherlock, stop scaring her."

"I only stated the fact. John isn't the type of man who left everything and disappeared. Although he might kill himself when you rejected his love."

"I, I didn't..."

Sherlock takes out his magnificent glass and then asks, "Did you say you love him yet? No? A guy's heart is fragile as a woman's. Although novelist usually puts the woman as the one whose suffering."

It's as if he's examining her with his magnifying glass.

Irene protests, "Stop scaring her. I'm calling the others. We might need their help."

"No need. Give me an hour. I shall locate him for you."

The love shown in his eyes for Irene Adler. John used to stare her in the same way. Not the day he disappeared. That day he looked sad and lonely.

Aimee gasps.

John couldn't be dead. I haven't reply him at all. I can't loose him too. I've lost everything the day I got sent to prison. Not John. Not him.

Irene asks, "So, could you find him, detective?"

"It depends on the bonus, my beloved actress."

Aimee leaves before they got into smooching mode.

Irene whispers, "Naughty, naughty man. You didn't need to scare her like that."

"She's John's mate. It's about time she realized her feelings. Stopping her denial is the first step."

Irene knows he felt sorry for John.

Holmes has felt the same thing when Irene foolishly rejected him in the past. Knowing they would be perfect together and yet she kept denying her love for him.

"You're a scary man, Sherlock. Glad I'm not your foe."

A kiss to her cheek before he says, "Keep her company. I must track down the missing doctor."

Sherlock grabs his helmet before he goes out. A Ducati motorcycle is waiting for him in the parking lot. A bonus from a satisfied rich client last month.

Irene sits down next to her at the staircase to the apartment.

She says, "We all have doubts in our hearts. Fearing he might not be the one we need. Although our hearts kept telling us a different story."

Irene told the tale how she refused Holmes at the beginning. How they both got hurt by her rejection.

Of course she kept some parts of the stories hidden. Like she's a werewolf like John and Holmes' brother is a vampire.

Aimee would think she's a crazy woman if she told her the whole truth.

Aimee confesses, "I just couldn't believe it. We are so different. Look at him. He's a respectable doctor. I'm just a failure who just got out of prison."

"I understand your doubt."

"We just met. And he kept saying he loves me. How's that even possible?"

Irene sighs. Humans wouldn't understand them. When a werewolf found the mate, the world seemed perfect. Not everyone is blessed to find his/her mate.

The actress stands up.

She says, "When John got back, he could explain it to you. I could only say nothing wrong if you had doubts. Just don't let it stop you from doing the right thing."

"When I know it's going to be okay?"

"Just stop and listen to your heart."

Irene has left. Aimee is sitting alone on the staircase. Thinking about John Watson.

--------------------------------------------------

Fear of getting hurt.
Everyone has that fear once in a while. That's no guarantee love would bloom and end in marriage.

Well, even marriage couples got divorced.

Without the leap of faith, there wouldn't be the future happiness.

It's better to love and lost. Then never love at all.

I agree with this statement.

Please vote and comment:)