4. Runaway Luna

Irene got awakened in the middle of the night.

Sweating and panting.

As usual, he's in her nightmare.

He's dying because he protected her.

As if seeing his death wasn't enough for her, he kept tormenting her in her nightmares.

Seeing his death replayed over and over again in her dream.

When would it stop? It has been more than a year. I love you, Eric. When would the nightmare stopped...

There's something different about her nightmare tonight. She dreamed about him. The new guy in the theater.

His kisses aroused her.

It isn't her styles to have wet dream about a guy she barely know. She doesn't even know his name.

Yet, she fantasize about him in her dream.

Irene sighs, knowing she's too afraid to go back to sleep.

Eric was her mate. He died because of her. It would be unfair to be mated again so soon.

She goes to kitchen to drink water. An old picture hanged on the fridge's door made her cringes.

Her old pack.

She used to be loved.

Their Luna.

Until their Alpha, Eric Woods died.

The day she lost Eric was also the day she lost her position in the pack.

Too soon. I couldn't find my mate again. A total stranger for me. My love is only reserved for Eric...

Irene washes the glass. All she needs to do is to avoid that good looking guy. It should be easy enough. He is only one of the extras. They always come and go. Never settle for long.

*****

Her mate is flirting another girl in front of her eyes

Her mate is flirting another girl in front of her eyes. A little growl escaped her lips when she saw them.

Her mate.

She felt jealousy is churning in her veins. Her wolf wants to rip that girl into shreds.

He's mine! Stay away from him!

Irene wants so badly to shout out to her. She inhales a deep breath to calm down a little bit. The guy is a human. He wouldn't feel the pull like a wolf did. He wouldn't know he's her mate.

It's too soon. Eric's death has left a big scar in her heart. She isn't ready to fall in love with him or anyone else.

Look what happened the last time she tried. Ended up hurting that guy.

Irene wants to leave them alone. But her wolf refused to let it go. She has to wait until they are finished flirting.

When the stage director called for that girl because her turn is next. The girl leaves after kissing him. It's her time to shine on stage. It's only one of their regular practices.