Chapter 35

Sophia fell asleep with her head leaned against the wall in her bathroom. Mariska knocked ever so lightly on the door before opening it slowly and seeing her daughter sleeping with tears still drying on her cheeks.

"Peter." Mariska breathed, and Peter walked over to where his wife stood and they both looked at Sophia for several moments before Peter walked into the room and picked their daughter up and carried her to over to her bed. He laid her down on the bed before taking her shoes off since for some reason she was wearing her hightops still.

"She is so upset about this. I hate seeing her so sad." Mariska breathed, as she started to tuck Sophia in. She wasn't in her pajamas, but at least she seemed to be sleeping comfortably.

"I hate to say this, Rish. But it's a part of life. And she just got fucked over considerably." Peter whispered, before turning the lamp off. Mariska grabbed his hand and he led her from the room because she knew if she didn't, that she'd be sleeping in Sophia's room with her the whole night.

===

The next morning, Mariska woke up and her bed had all three of her kids in it and her husband. Sophia was laying right next to Mariska and had her arms wrapped around Mariska's arm.

"Thankfully our bed is big enough for all five of us to fit in here," Peter spoke, his voice full of sleep.

"I'm surprised that Sophia is in here," Mariska spoke. Mariska reached her free hand over and pushed Sophia's hair out of her face before smiling when she saw Sophia open her eyes.

"Hey, beautiful." Mariska breathed, and Sophia bit her lip before swallowing hard.

"Did you contact them?" Sophia asked, and Mariska nodded.

"As soon as I could after our talk last night. Do you still want to see them?" Mariska whispered because she really didn't want the twins to wake up and take her attention away from Sophia. Because Sophia needed that attention right now.

"If they want to meet me. Momma, I haven't been a part of their lives for almost 17 years. I really don't have a good feeling about this all."

"Oh, don't worry honey. They will love you because you are so freaking amazing."

===

Sophia drove Koda home and the twins wanted to tag along so Peter and Mariska were alone. Usually, they'd take this time to you know, get it on, but instead, they sat together and talked about Sophia and the girls instead.

"So Ginny and Cece messaged me back while I was in the shower," Mariska spoke, and Peter nodded.

"And what did they say?" Peter asked as he looked over at his wife while she pulled her hair back.

"They said that they are going to come here. Cecile is finishing classes at UCLA so she won't be here till Wednesday and Ginny is coming from Japan where she has been living for a bit I guess. But they will both try and be here by the end of the week." Mariska replied.

"Good. But are they excited to meet their baby sister?" Peter asked, and Mariska shrugged.

"They are as hard to read as Chris. But I hope that they are excited because Sophia really needs family right now. Even if she just found out about her sisters."

They sat in silence until the front door opened the twins came sprinting in while Sophia walked in quietly behind them.

"How was the ride?" Mariska asked, and Sophia just shrugged.

"It was good, Momma! Sissy took us to get breakfast afterward!" Missie exclaimed, before running over to Peter and climbing onto his lap.

"Oh, well isn't that good. We don't have to feed you tonight then." Peter teased. Mariska turned around and looked at Sophia as she thought she was climbing the stairs. Instead, Sophia was sitting on the stairs and just listening to what Peter and Missie were talking about.

"Lukey, go give Soph the biggest hug and kiss you can possibly give, okay?" Mariska breathed, and Luke nodded.

"I can do that, Momma!"

===

Sophia went to school and spent time with Jackson as she had planned. She and her boyfriend had fun together, but then she went home and she just felt like shit again. She woke up on Saturday morning and showered and got dressed before heading downstairs. She thought that everyone was still asleep, but instead, Mariska and Peter were sitting at the dining room table and two blonde girls were sitting across from them. Sophia's eyes went wide as she walked through the living room. Mariska stood up and smiled.

"Soph, come here baby," Mariska spoke, and Sophia nodded. She quietly walked into the dining room as the girls turned around to see their sister. Sophia had to wonder which was which because she hadn't even seen a picture of Cecile and Virginia.

"Cecile. Virginia. This is your sister, Sophia. Soph, these are your sisters." Mariska spoke, but she didn't point at which one was which so Sophia just awkwardly nodded.

"It's good to meet you both... sorry to have taken you away from whatever fancy things I'm sure you both do." Sophia rambled.

"I'm still in college. And Ginny is spending her early twenties having fun in Japan." Cecile spoke, and now Sophia knew which was which. Ginny had blue eyes and Cecile had a blue eye and one brown eye. Sophia sank down onto a chair beside her mother before grabbing Mariska's hand under the table.

"What do you do in Japan? And what are you majoring in, Cecile?" Sophia asked.

"I'm majoring in business," Cecile replied before Ginny quickly jumped in.

"Her life is boring but I'm enjoying the culture of Japan until I decide to head back here to start school. I'm thinking of dance or drama." Ginny smiled.

"Oh, that's cool," Sophia replied because she didn't know what else to say. Sophia looked down at the table until her mother squeezed her hand and Sophia looked up to see her sisters eyeing her.

"Did either of you say something?" Sophia asked.

"Yeah, we did. We were wondering if you have seen Chris lately?"

"Oh... Yeah. I bitched him out last week."