Chapter 2

Mariska had another long day of taping, while Sophia was in school. Sophia was thankful that Donna didn't drop her off or pick her up because she had gotten beat up during gym and she wanted time to herself. She hated gym because the other girls made fun of her while she got changed. She lacked any normal signs that she was a female, so everyone called her a guy and loved to hurt her. If it wasn't for the fact that Mariska never picks up her phone while taping, she would've been pulled down here to discuss what had happened.

Sophia wrapped herself in her large jacket and she quietly opened the door to the clinic. She always came here and used a false name when she was beaten up. The doctors knew her, and they knew that they should help her without saying otherwise because they knew that she was Mariska Hargitay's daughter and that she was scared to tell her mother.

"So, what is it today?" Dr. Song questioned.

"I think my ribs are bruised and my nose is broken. I think." Sophia frowned.

"Alright. What happened this time?"

"I don't look like a girl so the girls in my gym class beat me up." Sophia frowned.

"Sweetie, I think it's time to tell your Mom about this." Dr. Song frowned, and Sophia shook her head.

"No. She can't know about this. All I need is to get fixed up and then I'll go home and get some rest." Sophia whispered.

"Alright, lay back. Let me take a look."

===

Sophia's right arm was broken, her nose was broken, and a few of her ribs were fractured. These all couldn't be fixed at the clinic, so Sophia had to be taken to the hospital. She refused to call her mother, however. She didn't want her mother to show up in all of her glory and for them to get in a fight or something. They barely fight, because Sophia has given up on life, so she just allows everything to happen.

"Okay, we need to know what your insurance is." A nurse spoke, as she sat beside Sophia and helped her fill out the paperwork because she couldn't write with her dominant arm.

"Oh, I have a card." She spoke. She got into her purse and pulled out her wallet. She grabbed the insurance card and the nurse continued to fill out the paperwork.

"Your mother is Mariska, huh?" The nurse spoke, and Sophia nodded slowly.

"Yeah."

"Why isn't she here with you?"

"I'm 15. I don't need my Mom. And anyway, she's busy taping SVU. I don't want to disturb her. So, is this done? My arm and ribs really hurt. My nose is numb, so at least that is okay."

"Alright, we will get you into a room and take you down to the OR to get your arm set and your ribs wrapped. What color cast do you want?"

"Orange."

===

Mariska finished taping early, and she decided to head home to try and eat dinner with her daughter. She stopped by and picked up a pizza, before heading towards her brownstone.

When she arrived, Donna was in the kitchen washing up dishes from when she made cookies.

"Hey, Donna. Is Sophia home yet?" Mariska asked as she sat the pizza on the counter.

"No, not yet. She said she had a few things to do after school. She'll be home soon." Donna replied.

"Oh, was she going to a friend's house?" Mariska asked, but Donna's sigh said it all.

"Soph has no friends. None at all." Donna frowned.

"No, everyone has friends. Even if it's just one." Mariska laughed.

"No, not everyone. Sophia doesn't fit in at school and people pick on her."

"Why hasn't she told me?"

"Because you are such a busy woman. It just makes more sense to her to not disturb you and tell me." Donna spoke. Mariska felt her heartache. She didn't want her daughter to be picked on. She didn't want her daughter to not have friends. She wanted her daughter to feel okay talking to her, but clearly, she didn't.

"I'm gonna go make a few calls. When she gets home, please send her to my office, okay?"

"Gotcha."

===

Sophia snuck into the house. She kept her head down and she had her sweater pulled over her cast so Donna didn't see it.

"Oh, Soph, your mother wants to see you in her office," Donna spoke, and Sophia sighed.

"She's home?"

"Yeah. Go talk to her, kid."

Sophia walked towards her mother's office. She stood outside of it and listened to her mother argue with a man.

"Chris, I know that you weren't expecting to have a kid, but the condom broke and now we have a daughter together. Please, she is struggling with school and fitting in, and I think she needs her father!" Mariska exclaimed.

"She needs her mother around more often too, Rish! I love her and I love you, it's just that right now I'm busy. I'll be there in a month if you still need help. If she still needs help." The man replied. Sophia felt tears well in her eyes.

She was a mistake, so that must be why her mother hates her.

Sophia sniffled, and her mother heard it.

"Soph?" She questioned, and Sophia quickly ran away from the door. She headed up the stairs and when she got to her room, she slammed the door and then locked it. She didn't want to talk to her mother or whoever the hell her father was. All she wants to do is die. Now.

===

"Sophia Magdolna Hargitay!" Mariska exclaimed as she stood outside of her daughter's bedroom door. Sophia was sobbing hard, which didn't help with her fractured ribs.

"Why do you care about me now? Just because I heard what you said to my father? I'm a mistake, Mom! You didn't even want me and I'm sorry that you were stuck with me!" Sophia screamed.

Mariska was surprised at how loud her daughter was talking. She only whispers, and now she was screaming.

"God, Soph! I love you! You are my baby girl! I wanted you from the moment I found out I was pregnant! Please, just open up the door before I kick it in." Mariska exclaimed.

"Just leave me alone, Mom! Your family on the show probably needs you, or a fake victim! You don't care about me, so stop lying!"