Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Paige stopped and looked at me for help.

“… Um… No. I hate them. Sorry.” She said.

“How ‘bout you? Will you be joining me, Kara?” Louis asked, his eyes shining in excitement. I swallowed hard.

“No… No, thank you… I… No…” I managed to say.

“What, why?” He asked, not sure if he had done something wrong.

“Because I hate them too… I just want to go in a bouncy house…”

“Ah, well then let’s get going!” Harry said.

We walked to a festival down the street, and we immediately spotted 4 bouncy houses and ran to them. A middle aged loser guy stood at the front of it, looking completely bored with himself. We waited for him to open the flap to let us in. We waited. And waited.

Until, finally, after we realized he wasn’t about to do anything for us, I walked up to him and poked him on the shoulder and he fell down sideways onto the ground. We opened the passae flap and crawled inside.

Commence one full hour of bouncing around like maniacs.

It was…

Fun.

Finally, some little kids wanted to get in, so we crawled out and made our way to the rides.

“Are you girls going to come with us on the rides?” Liam asked.

We both looked at each other.

“No.” We replied together, shaking our heads.

So, all of the boys, including Christian, made their way to the other side of the park. Paige and I sat down at a table and got FOOD.

“FOOD.” We said together, in a trance.

So, we ate. It was yummy. Yummy food.

“We need to talk.” Paige said.

“I know right? I feel like I haven’t said anything to you in more than a day!”

“It’s crazy! So… Um, Niall and Christian… Are…” She trailed off.

“Yeah, I know right!? And they…”

“Ugh, they’re so annoying… They’re always…”

“I know, I know… I can’t believe them… They’re acting so…”

“And they won’t…”

“OKAY! WE NEED TO STOP FINISHING EACH OTHER’S SENTENCES AND ACTUALLY TALK LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE NOW!” We shouted together.

“Niall and Christian are fighting over me, I think. I’m not actually sure, but I think.” Paige said, distressed.

“No, you’re right… They are!”

“And, they’re my two dream guys… I can’t break one of their hearts!!!”

“I don’t know what they expect you to do. They’re just being… Ridiculous. And adorable. But, mostly ridiculous… And adorable.” I said.

“I know! But, Niall keeps getting so mad at Christian… And Christian isn’t really acting like he cares at all! Does that mean Niall cares about me more?”

“Well, not necessarily… Niall could just be better at showing how he feels to you… Christian might just keep it inside more.” I advised.

“Well, then, who do I choose!?” She cried.

“I’m not sure. I can’t make that decision for you… I really can’t.” I said, sadly.

“So, I have to come up with this all on my own…?” She asked.

“I’m afraid so…”

“Alright… Well, then I want to get it over with. Right now. So I can’t change my mind and I can set the other guy straight.”

“By all means, go ahead.” I prompted.

She breathed in deeply.

“I can do this…”

“Yes you can.”

“Shut up, I don’t need your commentary.”

“Sorry. Continue.”

“I choose…”