Chapter 20

Chapter 20

We finally made it to a desserty place. It was comfy… Cozy. Too cozy. So, I decided to um, give it a little backbone.

Louis sat down on the right of the bench, and just as Harry was about to sit next to him, I pushed Hazza out of the way and grabbed the seat next to Boo Bear.

“Sorry, H…” I looked at him apologetically. He shrugged and sat down next to me on the bench.

Louis scoffed at me and turned his head. I had finally mentally prepared myself for what would be the craziest thing EVER done…

EVER.

“Louis…” I put my hand on his shoulder to get him to face me. He didn’t, and shrugged me off of him. I guessed I was going through with this.

I stood up on the seat. That got Louis to talk to me.

“Kara, get down!” He shouted.

I flicked his nipple. He looked away in embarrassment.

Then, I took the next step onto the wooden table top. By now, everyone at our table was staring at me.

“… Whatcha doin’…?” Paige asked, with a little concern in her voice.

I ignored her.

I breathed deeply, three times.

Then, I began my speech.

“CITIZENS OF EARTH. YOU HAVE NOT BEEN COOPERATING. CERTAIN MEMBERS OF FAMOUS TEENAGE BOY BANDS MORE THAN OTHERS.” I stared at Louis. He blinked in shock. “SO, THEREFORE, I CALL UPON MY POWERS OF THE UNIVERSE TO SUMMON OUR FELLOW CREATURES OF EXISTENCE TO PUNISH ALL OF THE HUMAN RACE FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE.” I panted. “I COMMAND YOU TO…”

Pause.

“ATTACK!!” I screamed.

Nothing happened. Darn it.

“Wait for it…” I assured the now traumatized people at the local ice cream stand.

Then, a deep rumbling started from within the forest surrounding us.

Screeches from animals of all kinds echoed out to us. I sat down, putting my ice cream-filled spoon into my mouth and devouring the tasty treat.

The animals came running out of the woods, shrieking and foaming at the mouth. They jumped on citizens, attacking them and biting them and altogether abusing them.

I grabbed Paige and Christian’s hands.

“If you hold on to me, you will not get hurt!” They clung to me for dear life.

Then, someone touched my shoulder. I turned around.

Louis.

A huge bear was behind him, growling ferociously.

“Look, I’m so sorry that I overreacted before. I’m sure you’re as honest as you say you are… I know it. And, I like you a lot.”

“You just don’t want to get eaten…”

“No, that’s not it… Well, I mean it’s partially it, but even if I wasn’t going to get eaten, I promise I would’ve still meant that every bit.”

“You just think I’m crazy.”

He stopped. “Yeah… I do. I think you’re the craziest person in the whole entire world. But, I love it. Because, I’m crazy, too.”

I started to grin. I waved my arms around and the animals ran away.

Everyone looked around in bewilderment.

“Now, tell me, HOW did you do that?!” He asked in amazement.

“Just a little trick I picked up at a freak show…”

“You saw a freak show?” Niall asked.

“Oh, no… No, never… I was IN a freak show.” I frowned. “That’s why I’m such a freak…”

Then, everyone started to clap.

“We’re all freaks…” Harry said.

“We can all be freakish together.” Zayn added.

“This wasn’t exactly how I expected this all to turn out… But… I’m glad the animals didn’t have to kill you…” I smiled.

Louis pulled me into a hug.

“So… What do we do now?” Liam asked.

“Well, first, we find Christian!” Paige yelled.

“OH, COME ON!” Niall exclaimed, kicking the ground angrily.