Chapter 14

Jia's pov:
It's been 3 days after Tan visited me in the house. I missed him already.

"Jia? " I turned around to face my mom,  "Do you want to visit your dad in the hospital?  We were going to take the weekly examination for Eunice's heart condition " ah, right it's Eunice check up.

Eunice, after all had a congenital heart disease. She already had it since birth.

I smiled back,  "okay mom" then she closed the door.  I think there's no Tan for a moment. Hayss.

After how many minutes,  all of us is now riding towards the Rodriguez's Chain Hospital. It's a well known hospital here in Seoul,  not too bad for a European hospital.
"we must be ready,  don't be nervous Eunice" mom holds Eunice's hand tight.

"you're cold" I said when I tap her hands as a support and telling her that it will be fine.

She let out a deep sigh,  "I'm nervous Jia,  obviously " she said in annoyance.

I just lowered my head,  of course even if I know that I have the same disease as Eunice I will be mad,  not because I have it but because I know that I can't stay longer here in earth. "s-sorry" I replied.

We arrived in the Rodriguez's chain hospital, as usual we got a special treatment due to the fact that Dad is also the CEO of the Rodriguez's company,  and he's working as a highly paid neurosurgeon in asia.

But sadly people started to doubt the reason why I can't still see, why my dad can't return back my eyesight.  Luckily dad found out the reason how to treat it and that's waiting for a healthy eye donor to donate to start the surgery.  Hays.

"please take a sit ma'am, Doctor Calyx is still in the operating room" his secretary informed us.

The three of us waited and take a sit. The atmosphere became weird as the silence wins over us.

"what if the doctor told me to take the surgery mom?  I'm just making a name in the modeling industry,  I can't lose it mom" Eunice break the silence,  I felt a fear and loathe towards herself. It's hard for her part I know.

"Eunice.. Baby.  If the doctor told us to take the surgery then we'll take it.  Take a rest, eat healthy and return to be a model. You have to take it Eunice,  it's for your health. " mom replied back. I know how hard it is to see your child suffering because I know dad feels the same way, I know he cries when each day pass and there's no donor for me.

Sooner,  I heard Eunice cry,  "why does it have to be mom? Why do I have to deal with this disease! " there's a complete frustration in her voice.

"sshhh" mom tried to calm down Eunice. "it will be fine,  let's pray okay? " mom continued.

I let out a deep sigh,  hearing Eunice cry and the very lonely aura of mom hurts my pride.  It felt so bad to see them like that and to realize that there's nothing much that I can do.

I come closer to them,  "u-uhm " I hissed then I give Eunice my favourite pendant. "mom gave it to me after the car accident, even though she's already in a fifty fifty state of her life. " I still remember the moment where she take it out from her neck and wear it on me,  I can't see her clearly but I can feel her body wrapped around me. 'i love you my Jia, promise me that you'll be alive. Please' that was her last words before I finally lost my strength.

"wh-why are you giving me this then? " Eunice broke my mini moment with my mom's memory.

"as a support," then I seated beside her, " my mom gave it to me and made me a promise that I should be alive after the car accident, " I paused for a while to conceal myself from crying.  I hate it when I cry,  it makes me weak. "and I want you to promise me that you'll stay strong towards the treatment and stay alive" i said.