4. Smile

October 27th 2015 Los Angeles

When Calum, Michael, Ashton and Luke started their band in 2011, they became huge. They had plenty of sold out arena's, interviews and awsome fans. The whole band was extremely happy, especially since they were doing what they really loved. They were getting bigger and bigger by the day which was amazing and sometimes not. They now had a little break from touring.

Ashton started dating Aria from camp 3 years ago. They had a great bond and a great connection. This made Calum jealous for some reason. He always had spent his time with Ash mostly, but people were getting older, Calum thought to himself. Michael now spent his time with his girlfriend too while being on their break and Luke was visiting friends on the other side of America. Calum had asked all of them to go do something fun now they had a break, He even called Ashton but he replied with a moody expression. He was probably 'busy' with something. They all refused. Calum got it tho, they always see each other because of tour so they want their own time.

He decided to seperate himself from Ashton and the rest too for a while. 

Since he just moved here he wanted to go explore the area. He threw on a jacket and took his phone and money with him.

It had been a few hours since Calum was wandering down the streets of LA and was now sitting on a park bench, staring at the little, yet huge lake infront of him.

"Omg! It's Calum Hood!" He heard a girl scream and looked to his right. A whole crowd of fan girls were running his way.

"Can we take a picture with you!?" A girl with brown hair asked. "Yeah sure" Calum said calm. She took the picture and said "thank you" before another fan stepped in.

A few minutes had passed and he took a picture with everyone who was there. "Calum can we interview you!?" A girl with pink-dyed hair and a camera guy asked. Calum thought it was random but agreed to do it anyway. "My name is Ashley by the way" the girl said. "Nice to meet you Ashley" he said.

Calum sat down at his bench again and watched as the other fans sat down in front of him. The girl with the pink hair sat next to him and had a microphone in her hand.

"So first we're just starting of easily with: how are you doing?" Ashley asked. Calum nodded "i'm doing alright" he then smiled. "How bout you guys? Aren't you guys cold?" He asked. The crowd answered with no as an answer. "It's pretty cold tho, or it's just that i have to get used to it" he said chuckling. "Yeah cause you're from a sunny country" Ashley said. "That's correct" he said as he played with his fingers. He never really did an interview by himself so this was pretty new to him.

"So Calum, our second question is: what song on Sounds Good Feels Good means a lot to you and why?" She asked. "That's a very hard question..mhhh" Calum thought for a second.

"Jet Black Heart, mainly because Michael and I wrote that song with meaning of that everybody has something they're scared of or there is something that's holding them back from succes, to keep it short" Calum giggeled.

"And what are you scared of Calum?" Ashley asked. Calum bit his lip before answering. "Rejection, Failure and being the outcast"

"Well don't ever think that you're failing anybody or yourself, cause we all think you're amazing" Ashley said and the crowd cheered. A smile appeared on Calum's face. "..thank you" he said into the microphone.

"Does someone in the audience have a question for Calum?" Ashley asked. "Yes me!" A girl with brown hair yelled. Ashley walked over to the girl and held the microphone infront of her.

"Can i touch your jawline?" She asked and laughed. Calum looked confused "uhmm, yeah sure?" He said.

The girl stood up and walked over to Calum. She touched his jawline and made a noise that you would make when you touch something sharp "cchh mah finger!" She said. The whole crowd laughed including Calum himself. Her cheeks turned red and she went back to her spot.