t w o

With her earphones blasting the harmonic voice of Jhene Aiko,Snowlene found herself curled up in a ball with her duvet covers wrapped tightly around her. It's been four days since moving to Chicago and any other person would have adapted to their new living conditions. For Snow, she has been feeling more home sick than usual, she has yet to receive a phone call from her mother but she's been living off the short text conversations with Josè and Harley.

Nadia has been trying to break her niece out of her shell by suggesting she gets a job in order to socialise more. It was a struggle since Nadia found out that Snow dropped out of school before finishing the twelfth grade and most occupations in America require at least a highschool diploma.

Luckily Nadia could pull some strings and get Snowlene a job at Footlocker.

Wiping away the faint tears from her eyes, Snowlene pulls the covers from her face and switches on her phone.09:30am, read the time on her lock screen. It was a Saturday and she had to be at footlocker by ten-thirty. At first she wanted to decline the idea at having to work but decided it was only fair since she invaded aunt.Nadia's life and she'll be needing money and wouldn't like having to ask for some all the time.

Sliding out of bed, she slips on her slides and makes her way towards her bathroom. Flicking on the light she walks over towards the mirror and tilts her head to the side.

"Another day, you can do it." She speaks to herself before retying her knotted hair into a messy bun. She strips out of her shorts, tank top and underwear before putting the plug in the tub and turning on the hot faucet. When the water is filled to the brim, she switches the water off before slipping into the water. Her muscles relax at the feeling of the hot water, but she knew not to get to comfortable so grabbing the washcloth, Snow lathers it in body wash before scrubbing at her melanin skin, when down she rinses off and drains the water.

Her skin forms goosebumps as she stands up and grabs the white towel off the rack. She quickly wraps it around her petite body before stepping out the tub and exiting the bathroom.

Since it was drizzling outside, Snowlene gets out high waisted blue jeans, a long sleeved black V-neck top and her white Uggs. Once done moisturizing her skin, she slips on her matching underwear set before putting on the outfit she got out today.

Snow examined her hair in the mirror, thinking of a new colour to dye it.Maybe blue? Or platinum blonde. Shrugging at her thoughts, she ties her hair into a messy bun with strands of hair hanging on the sides before grabbing her phone and running downstairs.

"Aunty.Nadia," Snow whispers walking into the kitchen. Nadia looks up from the magazine in her hand and towards Snowlene who was shifting on her feet.",could you drive me to Footlocker?"

Nadia's attention is caught and she sits up straight." Footlocker? To work?"

"Mhm..." She nods." I'm asking because I don't want to be late."

"Oh! Yes defiantly,uh..." Nadia puts down her magazine and grabs her car keys." Do you want something to eat real quick, I could make you some break-?"

"I'm good.' Snow cuts off her aunts rambling. She wasn't much of a breakfast person, it made her feel nauseous to eat in the morning. Weird but true.

Nodding, Nadia and Snow make their way out the house, making sure to lock up before walking towards her car.

---

Parking in an empty space outside the mall that she was going to be working in. Snow makes sure she has her phone, lately she's been very forgetful.

"I hope you dont mind me picking you up at four, I'll be somewhere from one to three." Nadia says.

"It's okay my shift ends at three-thirty, I could wait half an hour." Snow says unbuckling her seatbelt.