ONE

+

newark 23rd march 2017

"people ask me how i live with seven boys and i just tell them that it's easy. we are a family and we have been since pre-debut," sky nodded answering the previous question.

+

on stage yeona was ready to perform her wings solo song 'eclipse'. her staging wasn't anything big, it was her and a few dancers. on the huge screen behind her played a video of a slowed down solar eclipse which played while she rapped and danced. the boys were scattered about the venue - jin and jungkook were at the bottom of the stage eagerly awaiting for the song to play, jimin was in the standing area where the fans were going to be in a few hours and the rest were at the wings of the stage.

her rehearsal performances were never full of her usual energy since she wanted to keep it all for the fans. "ready?" the sound guy asked and he got a big smile and a thumbs up in response. she cleared her throat as the starting beats of her track played all through the venue. the dance wasn't as intricate as the others since she wanted to focus on her rapping and making sure she wouldn't overwork herself.

unfortunately for yeona, she was already dehydrated and exhausted from the last sound check which wasn't long ago at all. not even half way through the song, yeona felt a huge wave of dizziness hit her she stumbled slightly, breathing heavily into the microphone. "yeona!" a voice screamed but before she knew it she was on the floor panting heavily. her small frame was lifted off the hard stage floor and was rested against hoseok's chest as he carried her backstage to the first aid room.

+

"during that moment i felt like a burden. we had to stop sound check cause i was an idiot." she sighed looking away from the cameras, tugging on her jumper sleeve.

"yeona always puts in two hundred percent into every performance since she thinks that people will judge her but she forgets that she needs to slow down and take care of herself," yoongi spoke to the camera in his usual slurred voice reflecting on the events.

"since she's the youngest it's always hard seeing her in pain or discomfort and we are quite protective which could be a good or bad thing," jimin laughed lightly nodding in deep thought of all the moments that they were being the protective big brothers which was basically all the time.

+

hoseok quickly placed her down on the small couch as they waited for the medic to come. hoseok was sitting on the couch as well her head on his lap, yoongi and jin anxiously leaned against the wall looking down at their youngest a look of deep concern plastered on their faces. namjoon was talking to their manager about what happened and the maknaes were talking to the concerned staff members.

"ugh what happened?" yeona groaned sitting up slightly while the medic placed a ice pack on the back of her neck trying to cool her down. "just take it easy, you fainted," hoseok pushed her back down gently onto his lap again. sighing yeona closed her eyes annoyed with herself and not taking better care of herself during rehearsals.

she ended up sitting up letting the medic check her head and eyes making sure she hadn't sustained a concussion. "here you go," her makeup artists smiled passing her a cool bottle of water that was just out the fridge, "thank you," she smiled thankfully and gulped down the cold liquid.

sound check had to continue so they just done the solo songs until yeona felt better so she could dance. "don't push yourself okay?" namjoon placed a hand on her shoulder staring into her hazel eyes intensely. "don't worry i'll be taking it slow," she nodded before taking her position for '21st century girl'.

after finishing the sound check, yeona and the boys went back to the dressing room to relax before they had to start getting ready for the actual concert. jin and jungkook went out to get some food for the group and the staff members. yeona came in and immediately went to the couch curling up into a ball next to jimin, "i'm going for a nap," she sleepily said before closing her eyes. jimin chuckled at the youngest sleep state, he ran his fingers through her hair while scrolling through twitter.

+

after having dinner and drinking lots of water yeona finally felt like herself again and was full of excitement to go on stage and perform in front of her armys. she sat in her usual chair at the mirror while the hairstylist curled her hair for the first set of songs. "how are you feeling now?" her stylist asked still concentrating on yeona's hair. "a lot better thanks," she flashed her signature smile. "that's good everyone was worried you wouldn't be able to preform," the stylist nodded.

"that's your ten minute call!" the stage manager exclaimed at the door causing everyone to start rushing around backstage, making sure they had everything they needed for the first couple of songs. "let's go, come on," namjoon gathered all the members into a circle and gave the speech before the show. "let's have fun okay? don't push yourself too hard remember," he mused sending a quick glance at yeona. she looked down in embarrassment but jin chuckled and pushed her lightly so she understand that it was okay.

after having the little speech they were rushed away, yeona stood in the dressing room taking a quick gulp of water and fixing her heels. "yeona let's go!" jimin called out offering his hand. smiling she ran over and took his hand happily, "you ready?" he asked and got a small nod return from the youngest.

yeona stood backstage letting the sound team fix her in ear pieces and mic pack so it would be comfortable for her to sing and dance with it. she could feel the anxiety start to bubble in her stomach but she pushed it away and let the excitement take over. yoongi noticed yeona's restlessness at the side, a fond smiled appeared on his face as he walked over. "come on," he interlocked his fingers with hers and they walked to the entrance all the members were at.

+

"i'm so thankful for having the members i do, they are truly my family. they help me with everything i do, i couldn't live without them," yeona smiled tears brimming her eyes as she thought about her members.

"yeona is the glue in our group, if she's not there we don't know what to do. she's the best thing to happen to this group," namjoon mused thankful for yeona accepting the offer of joining the group.

+