"Stop digging what is done Nevaeh. I raised you to be fierce. Vocalise your thoughts loud and fight hard. Don't give up. Never give up!"

"You don't understand mom. He said he wants to have a child with..me"
She instantly stills and I greedily inhale.

"He said that?" Her voice was a mere whisper now. I connect my eyes with hers and in that moment  my moms expression changed from being surprised to shocked.

"He did." She gulps and looks away.

"I'm still alive child. I won't let him spoil my only daughter's life."

"I need to know if Summer.." I couldn't complete the sentence. I never in my wildest dreams could even think that Summer will betray me like this..there were so many things that I wanted to talk to her about. So many questions I wanted to ask! Did she know this? Or is she a victim just like me..somewhere deep down I prayed for the latter. Because if she did cheat me on this...there will a hell lot for everyone of us. So much that it will become impossible for us to come in terms with what's next. And most importantly..I will be broken. She will shatter every positive hope inside me. I prayed god to have mercy on me and my family.
This bad phase is costing me way too much.

"Summer will have to think twice before doing this Nevaeh. Her whole career is at stake!" Mom's right. I have to be open minded about this.  I cannot draw conclusions. Especially when I didn't even confront her about this..yet.

"Mom—

I raised my head and she instantly removed few tendrils from my face.

"—did you try calling Summer?" She huffs a deep breathe and looks away.

"Your dad's awake Nevaeh. She will surely be here to see him." I gulp. It's good this way, she shouldn't have any knowledge of me being here.
If I wanted my answers then I will have to stick to few rules.

"Mom, I don't know where this is going but I surely have a very bad feeling."

"No matter what Nevaeh, I will fight beside you. Mr.Rodriguez will be your husband only for an year. As planned. I refuse to be made a fool, I refuse to sit idly when your life is at stake."

"Have you noticed something different about Summer mom. Anything which might suggest that she is involved in this" she shook her head negatively.

Pamela Craig rested her head on her daughter's and thought about the few times Summer made an appearance. She was a pleasant girl and she was caring. Lord knows that she was won a million hearts with her smile and compassionate nature but what concerned Ms.Craig was the nervous looks the young girl threw her and her husband's way. She stroked it off and something very insignificant or at times stress and care for Nevaeh but based on what her daughter said she started having doubts about her true intention. If by any chance she did have a say in it..then it would be game over for that girl. She will lose everything that was a mother's vow.

Nevaeh gazed at her mother who was lost in deep thoughts. Her hazy eyes looked thin and tired. She grabbed her mother's hand and dragged her towards an empty seat. She grabbed a glass of water and made her gulp the whole thing.

"You have to be honest mom..do you think she can.." It was hard to utter those words. She trusted Summer completely with every inch in her being. Her loyalty is now being questioned and She was way too bothered for her liking. I glanced towards the entrance of my dad's cabin. His sanitised rugs were the only things visible.