Chapter 7 - Joy's First Impression of Yena

Start from the beginning

She then continued:

She then continued:

"So, my first impression that I had when I met her was that she can easily catch your attention. She really knows how to work the room. You can talk to her and be funny around her all you want, but if she is not feeling it, she is definitely not feeling it and she will give you the cold shoulder. She doesn't feel embarrassed doing so. If she is not feeling the atmosphere in the room, then the room could be dead-silent, no matter the number of people in the it. And when I met her, four weeks before the pancake date, I came to a party at Sungmin's place and a lot of people were there. But she caught my eye. She was beautiful. A pretty face, an infectious smile, a sensible dress sense... It just all added up and I wanted to make a move on her. I usually use my charm and sense of humor when I want to accomplish this but she wasn't biting and I felt a bit down...."

Joy added: "So then I moved away from her and started to interact with the rest of the room. That's when she noticed me. That's when started to laugh at my jokes and when she started to give me more eye contact.... She started to warm up to me and my jokes. And that's when I decided - okay, I might be into this girl... She is giving me mixed signals, kinda, sorta... but, I don't know what I'm feeling just yet. And I don't want to get hurt just yet. It was very confusing but I just found her very interesting"

"So... You made a move on her even though there was a possibility you could get hurt and you wanted to avoid getting hurt. How come? How come you decided to make a move on her anyway?"

"Well, I don't know... After Yoona, I kinda wanted to have a bit of fun, I wanted to... I don't know, "explore my situation" It was all supposed to be fun. And I didn't think I would get rejected so easily. I thought I would just... You know... Cruise around, heh... But like I said, after the initial rejection I received, I wanted to be patient so I continued... And after a week of talking through private DMs on our social media, I was like "Okay Joy, you can do this, you can ask her out"."

"And what were her excuses for delaying your meeting for three weeks?"

"Well, mostly like last minute stuff, always something along the lines of "Oh, I forgot I had something scheduled today, I forgot to tell you, talk to you later".... At first I was like "Yeah, sure", but later on it just got annoying because I thought she did not know how to reject me and I openly told her "Hey, if you don't want to see me, it's okay, I just thought it would be fun for us to hang out together"."