nine

∆

I WIDENED MY EYES in shock, he did not just say that. I parted my lips to counter his words but his eyes were burning with determination and anger. I shook my head slowly to let him know I disagree with his plans.

"I don't need your approval to do it, Lily." He bitterly spat.

"So you wanna be a killer, Harry?" I asked with a raised brow. He's mad and logic is nowhere to be found in his blindness. He didn't answer and instead glared daggers through my eyes. As if he's directing his anger at me, I'm guessing that's exactly what's happening.

"You wanna be like Sirius Black?" I asked with a knowing tone. He's gonna get angrier at me but he needs to know the truth. If I don't slap him with it, he will do things he'll regret.

"Of course not!" He grabbed the cloak from my hands and gripped it's fabric, his knuckles turning white.

"You kill him and you're no different," I spoke firmly. "Your parents wouldn't want that." I whispered the last sentence.

"Don't," He looked down at the cloak that I still don't know how he owned, and lifted his eyes back to mine. I haven't spent much time looking at myself in the mirror but I can tell that those are mine. "Don't speak for them. Don't act like you know them."

"You're right, I don't, but I'm sure they are good people." I spoke softly in an attempt to not push anymore of his buttons. Everything he's saying is out of anger and I'm not taking them by heart. I'm smarter than that.

"Why do you care?" He asked quietly.

"Because I consider myself as your friend and friends care," I replied with hesitance. Is it safe to call myself his friend when in the first week I was at Hogwarts he was just staring at me like a weirdo. "So whatever it takes, I'm not letting you spill blood with your own hands."

My classes ended a bit early, Professor Sprout excused me from the rest of my afternoon classes to help her. She claims I'm gifted at Herbology and I finished the favor she asked of me easily. So now I'm walking around the castle, trying to get familiar when I spied Harry walking down the hall with his head hanging low.

"Harry!" I called out to him.

Our last interaction wasn't the cheeriest. He just claimed he wants to murder a murderer which won't make anything better but after I called him out he walked out on me where Ron and Hermione greeted him. He left with Ron while Hermione stayed with me to console me.

The two didn't even have any idea what happened but are quick to act and I praise them for being so empathetic. For a 13 year old, my life seems to be so dramatic. I'm friends with a boy who killed the dark lord without even trying, I'm a witch with muggle parents, I have a familiar name to almost everyone I meet in Hogwarts and I have an odd relationship with Draco Malfoy.