forty-six

QUIDDITCH WAS FINALLY BACK WITH UMBRIDGE GONE and so I was getting dressed with Ginny talking about how she felt during the entire battle last year, we didn't get to talk much because I had to go home the next day after that incident in the Ministry.

Rose however stayed with them and I can only guess what happened during her stay, we haven't talked much since I got back to Hogwarts but I'll make sure to approach her later. 

"I never knew you were so good at duels," I told her, slipping my Jumper on and tying my messy hair in a quick messy braid. "You were amazing."

She blushed at my words and grinned. "So were you, I heard you saved Lupin." Her eyes glowed in awe and I felt myself getting embarrassed.

"That was only after he saved me." I waved the compliment off and began putting on my Quidditch gear. "I'm so glad Quidditch is back."

Ginny agreed with a nod.

***

I was finally stood in the pitch next to Harry who was struggling to get a word in with everyone else chattering, I facepalm at his lack of authority and hesitant to shut them up himself. I waited for him to actually say or do something but it was to no avail.

I finally stepped up and crossed my arms. "Will you lot SHUT THE BLOODY HELL UP?" I yelled at them and they all halted, taken aback and visibly confused. I smirked and rolled my eyes at Harry who had his jaw dropped.

"Right, uhm," He cleared his throat. "Thanks."

He stepped up, "All right, this morning I'll be putting you all through a few drills to assess your strengths. But know this: just because you made the team last year does not guarantee you a spot this year. Is that clear?"

I looked over to Ron who looked like he was about to throw up and scrunched my nose up, for a boy who has been alongside Harry saving the Wizarding World she sure is a coward at trying out for a sport he seems to be decent at.

***

After enjoying my time playing Quidditch again, I finally stopped ignoring Harry which he looked grateful for. I never planned on telling him what got me upset unless he asked and he was nowhere asking, probably afraid of being called out.

I don't mind however. I finally let out steam during the games earlier and so I am back to liking his stupid face. We're sat at the common room, Harry reading the book he borrowed from Potions while I have my head on Hermione's lap.

"Ever heard of this spell?" Harry asked and points out something in a book which made Hermione's expression turn sour. 

"No I haven't," She replied. "And if you had any self-respect you would turn that book in." I frowned, getting up from my spot and leaning closer to Harry to inspect the content of the book with him. 

"Not likely," Ron interjected. "He's top of the class. He's even better than you two, Lily and Hermione. Professor Slughorn thinks he's a genius."

Hermione sent a glare toward Ron who frowned, raising both hands in defence. "What?"

Hermione tries snatching the book away but failed, so I did it instead and inspected the inside of the cover. "Who's the Half-Blood Prince?" I asked with a frown, what kind of title?

"The who?" Both Ron and Hermione asked in unison, exchanging glances.

"It says here," I pointed at the writing with a light shrug. "Says 'This book is the property of the Half-Blood Prince'." 

***

I enter the Three Broomsticks a little late, the trio already being there because I had to go with Ginny when she said she wanted to buy something from George and Fred's store, and me not having gone there yet unlike everyone who went during break- I volunteered to go with her.

Apparently Ginny really liked those Pygmy Puffs and failed to get one during break, so this time she brought one and got an adorable pink one. I was tempted to get one myself but was unsure how to properly take care of it and didn't wanna bother.

My cat Minnie was already too much to handle and all she does is stay at home and sleep.

I greeted Harry with a kiss on his cheek and sat next to him, I asked them to fill me in on everything that happened and they mentioned how Slughorn invited them (Harry and Hermione) to the small dinner he was throwing together.

I perked up at that. "He also approached me about it," I told them and clicked my tongue. "Guessing it's only because I look like Harry's mum- and the name- and Harry mentioned he was fond of her."

"I guess you'll be living your life as a reference to Harry's mum, huh?" Ron asked and he was hit in the side with Hermione's elbow. I laughed at that, I didn't find any offence in it but it sure does get tiring.

The bed of snow was thick by the time we left and were getting ready to return to the castle, Hermione was walking like a drunk man on a Friday night and I had to hold onto her so she won't be all over the path.

"Katie, you don't know what it could be!"

"Probably, but I know what I'm doing!" 

I heard two voices ahead of us argue and frowned, Hermione was breathing pretty loudly but managed a smile. Did she get drunk off butterbeer? I giggled as she rests an arm around Ron's shoulder and I do the same to Harry who smiled down at me.

Merlin, he's a bit too tall for me now. I'd have to be on my tiptoes if I wanted to give him a kiss. Then we heard a blood-curdling scream, making us all halt in our steps and stood frozen in shock.

"I warned her! I warned her not to touch it!"

We rushed to approach them and Katie appeared to be thrown around in the snow, then she began floating, her face planting an image of nightmare fuel in my mind as she stood in mid-air with her arms spread out.

Then she fell back down into the thick bedding of snow, I was about to rush over to her when I heard the familiar voice of Hagrid speak behind us. "Don't get any closer!" He instructed. "Get back all of you!"

Harry bent down to inspect the object Katie supposedly touched. I followed after him, narrowing my eyes at it. "Don't touch that except for the wrapper, do you understand?" Hagrid asked Harry who nodded and began inspecting the object.

Hagrid then began sauntering off, deeper into the snow with Katie in his arms and I frown at the object which appeared to be a necklace with curiosity. Who would curse Katie and why?

-

the angst for Draco begins, might focus more on Yellow after this because I crave A N G S T