Chapter 4: Tyler's in

|You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream|

Alaïa's pov:

(Alaïa's outfit🔝)

This morning we came to school just 2 minutes before the bell goes off. Tyler and i accidently sleep in more in the morning and we got late. Mom and dad was out because they had something to return to a shop. I don't really know what thing but they went there early.

After the first 2 periods, Grayson met us at our locker.

"Hello people." He greeted.

"Hey." We said.

"So Tyler did you go and ask the coach about joining the team?" Grayson asked and Tyler shake his head no.

"I forgot about it." He said sleepishly.

"Well we can go now. He is on the field with the team. You can talk to him about it." Grayson suggested and Tyler nodded

"Yeah that would be great." Tyler agreed.

"Well you guys go. We need to go to our next class. The bell is going to ring in 5 minutes." Adelisa said looking at her phone.

"Yeah and my class is in the back building. I will be late if i wait for the bell to go off first." Hailey added.

"Ok. But Alaïa you come with us. We have the next class together so we can go from there." Tyler said and i nodded.

"Ok i'm coming with you." I said and we all seperate to go our way.

"Coach is in a good mood so this should go well." Grayson said as we walked in the corridor.

"I can go there right? Like the coach won't get mad-" I was talking when Grayson cut me.

"No. He is cool, he won't mind having another girl beside the cheerleader over there. He hates the cheerleader." Grayson said and i raise an eyebrow.

"Shouldn't he like the cheerleader? I mean they are cheering for our team right?" I asked confused and Grayson chuckled.

"No. The cheerleaders make the player concentrate less on the practise and the coach hates it." Grayson explained.

"How can they make the player concentrate less?" Tyler asked curiously.

"You will see when we reach the field." Grayson said. Now even i was curious.

We walked on the field and i looked around. The cheerleader was to the left side of the team who was practising. Some players were flirting with the cheerleaders.

"Is this the cheerleader's outfit?" I asked Grayson. They were wearing a red sports bra and a tight red skirt that barely cover their butt. One of them was Cynthia.

"Yeah since two years." Grayson said.

"They are-" Tyler cut me off.

"Sexy." Tyler said earning a slap on his shoulder by me. He hissed in pain while Grayson chuckled.

"I was going to say distracting." I said and Tyler rolled his eyes.

"Well here is coach."

We walked to the coach and Grayson talked to him about Tyler. Tyler then started to talk to him and i just look around because i couldn't understand what they were talking about.

My eyes landed on a dirty blonde hair guy and i immediately recognised him.

Xander..

He was practising alone while his other team players were talking among themselves. He ran a long distance then come back and he did some push ups. He then went to pick a ball and started to play. There was many cones on the field and Xander was going around them with the ball. He looked so into it. He ran straight and then stopped holding his ribs. It lasted for only a few seconds before he continued his practise.

"Hello are you listening?" Tyler asked waving his hand infront of my face.

"Stop drooling." Grayson smirked and i rolled my eyes.

"I wasn't drooling." I said rolling my eyes.

Tyler looked at where i was looking and turn back to us. "Who is that dirty blonde hair guy?"

"Xander." Both Grayson and i said together. They both looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What? He is in my class." I said and they chuckled.

"Right." Tyler said.

"Anyway what did the coach say?" I asked changing the topic.

"I can only join the team when the live match will be over. They can't risk changing the player." Tyler explained and i nodded.

"Now that's over let's go to class." I said and they nodded.

-----

Time passed by quickly and it was already lunch time. The girls and i were already in the cafeteria waiting for the boys.

"What's taking them so long?" Adelisa asked for the third time.

"I don't know." I replied for the third time.

"Finally here he is."

We turned and saw Tyler coming toward us.

"Where is Grayson?" Hailey asked as he sat down. He raised an eyebrow and replied. "He's in the infirmary."

"What happen to him?" Hailey frowned.

"Apparently there was a fight in the field during practise. Coach ask Grayson to take the two injured guy to the infirmary." He explained.

"Oh do you know who were they?" Adelisa asked curious.

"I don't know them but the fights were because of Cynthia. She was trying to make Xander fought for her but he ignored her. And guess what?" Tyler asked smiling.

"What?"

"Due to this fight the two players are out. The coach took me in and i start practise tomorrow." Tyler said and we  smiled.

"That's great." I said and he nodded happily.

"So Grayson won't be here for lunch?" Hailey asked and Tyler shrugged.

"What is up between you two? And it depends on when he will be free to come." Tyler said.

"Why missing him already?" Adelisa teased Hailey, who just rolled her eyes.

"Did mom and dad called?" Hailey asked Tyler changing the topic and he shake his head no.

"They said they will tonight. So we have to wait." Tyler added.

"What do you girls have after lunch?" Adelisa asked.

"I have maths i think." Tyler said

"I have music." Hailey said happily. She loves to play guitar and piano.

"I have free period." I said and they frowned at me.

"Why can't i have free period." Tyler whined and i rolled my eyes.

"That would be so relaxing." Hailey added.

The bell rang and we sighed. We packed up our things and went to our locker.

"Where are you going for the free period?" Adelisa asked me.

"I think the library." I said and she nodded.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
;)