Chapter 3: His secret

|Everyone has 3 lives. A public life, a private life and a secret life.|

Xander's pov:

I sighed as i walked back home. School ended and it took me 15 minutes to reach home. I do have a car but i don't really use it to go to school. Walking is better.

I reached home and i noticed that the light in the kitchen was on. My mom was cooking dinner and it smelled good.

"Hey ma." I said as i walked into the kitchen. I kissed her cheeks and she smiled at me.

"Hey how was school?" She asked looking at me. Under her eyes, there was dark circles and she looked exhausted.

"It was good as usual. How are you feeling?" I asked. Even if there would be any problem at school, i would never tell her. She was already worried about her health and job and i would never add more problem on her list.

"I'm feeling better. I need to go to work this afternoon. I have night shift." She said and i sighed.

"Are you sure you are feeling good enough to work? I can call and say that you are sick." I suggested but she declined.

"No. They will take it off in the salary and i don't want that. Don't worry hun i'm good." She said faking her smile.

"Mom i'm working tonight so i can replace the money if you rest tonight." I insisted and she shook her head no.

"I'm going to work and that's it." She stated firmly.

"Fine." I said giving up.

"If i feel not well i will return home." She promises and i nodded.

"Keep your phone on you and whenever you need me, call me." I said and she nodded.

"Now go and fresh up." She said.

I walked upstairs and pass through my twin sister Claudia room. I felt my heart aches whenever i think about her. Her memories. Her talks. Her smile. My favourite cheerleader. My other half.

I walked into my room and dropped my bag on the floor. I laid on my bed and closed my eyes. I have been having nightmares for some months now and i didn't tell anyone at all. I don't want to make my mom worry more.

Her heart was weak. She grieved too much and has lost too much. Her health was getting worst when she overstress or worry too much. I try to ease her work by taking up a job that she doesn't really know about. She knew i worked but she doesn't know where or what type of work it is. I fights for money and i got lots of it. I hide some and gave my mom half of the money so that she isn't suspicious about how i get it in one night.

----

It was already 7 o'clock and mom was leaving for work. She already had dinner and made some sandwiches with her.

"Be careful while going out ok?" She asked and i nodded. I kissed her cheeks before she was out.

I had my dinner and went to get ready. Tonight i was going to fight 2 guys at the club. This time i took the car because sometimes i get hurt and can't walk all way back home.

----

I reached the club and parked. I put my hoodie on and put the cap on, to cover my face. I walked into the club and passed though a group of people to go at the back.

When i reached, Jason was already there with some papers in his hand. Jason was the one who arranges my fights. He knew who i was and why i fight. I trust him the most.

"Hey." He said as soon as he notices me.

"Hey. When am i going up?" I asked and he looked in his papers.

"In 5 minutes the ring will be clear and it's going to be your turn." He said and i nodded. I waited for the 5 minutes to end to go up in the ring.

The sooner it start the sooner it will end...

The bell rang and i walked to the ring. The crowd was screaming to cheer my oponent and when i looked at him, i felt my anger coming up.

Chase Denegan

He smirked as he walked to me and put his hand forward for me to shake it. I clentched my jaw and shake it tight.

The bell ring again and we move away from each other. We started to circle each other and like always he was the first one to attact. He leaned to punch me but i ducked him and punch his ribs. He came at me again and the same thing happen.

He never learn from his mistakes...

He punch me in the jaw and got me to stumble backwards. The crowd cheers at him once again and he just smirked. I clentched my fist and leaned to punch him in his jaw. He was so busy looking at the crowd that he didn't saw it coming. He fell on the ground as he cough. He glared at me and come back to punch me. But i skipped it and punch him in his ribs again. He hissed in pain and i punch him hard in his nose making blood splatter on the ground.

He couldn't stand up so a man came up and count till 3 and i was the winner. Chase wasn't too happy about his lose. He was glaring at me the whole time and something tell me that he was going to take it to the soccer match this year.

But i couldn't care less...

That night, i fought another guy before returning home. The house was pitched dark and i felt sore all over my body.

And to top it all i have soccer practise the next morning and i have to wake up really early. I sighed as made my way to my room. I turned on the light and walked to my bed. I noticed the drawing that i have made at school and i took it in my hands.

No one knows that i draw except for Claudia and mom. Well now the other girl... Alaïa knows about it. But hopefully she wont pry more into my stuffs.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)