Chapter 13

Izzy woke up the next morning staring at her bedroom's ceiling. She smiled as she recalled the events of yesterday. She couldn't remember when she had had so much fun with someone of the opposite sex asides the guys she occasionally danced with.

She turned in her bed and froze mid-turn as the two pairs of eyes stared at her with smiles on their faces.

"So," Mia asked, "what happened last night?"

"You got in pretty late." Josie said

Izzy smiled
"You guys need a life."

"Why?" Mia said, "When we can live vicariously off you."

Izzy sat upright and stared at their curious faces, Mia more than Josie.
"He took me to see the step-up movie collection which is thanks to you." She said to Josie.

"You're welcome." Josie smiled.

"Then we went dancing and it was..." Izzy stopped as her mind and body went to the previous night in Andre's arms "Hot." She gulped.

Mia and Josie stared at their friend all flustered up.

"Wow." Mia said snapping Izzy from her reverie "You look...in love."

Izzy frowned.
"In lust maybe but not in love."

Never in love.

"I'm going to make pancakes. Andre is like my brother and listening to this is kind of..." Josie shuddered before she left.

"What have you been up to?" Izzy asked as she got out of bed and made her way to the bathroom.

"Oh, nothing much." Mia said "I spent the day with Josie yesterday, we went out for lunch and then saw a couple of other places. Wasn't sure when we'd have time to hang out with the bar's coming up."

"Right," Izzy said from the bathroom as she brushed her teeth. "I was meaning to ask." She made her way to the door between the room and the bathroom and leaned on the doorpost "What happened the night of my performance. I didn't see you till morning."

Mia's blush gave her away.

"Oh my goodness." Izzy said "You and Andre's friend?"

"His name is Fred." Mia said "And he's..." She sighed "He makes me feel...different."

"Good different I hope."

"Yeah!" Mia said a little too quickly "Maybe even too good."

Izzy studied her friend and smiled.
"Good for you." She said as she went back into the bathroom and rinsed her mouth before she joined Mia back in the bedroom "Just don't get distracted. You've been looking forward to taking the bar exam since your first class at the university and I don't want to see you lose your chance because of a guy."

Mia nodded understanding that Izzy meant well.

Izzy sat beside her friend and took her hands in hers.
"All I'm saying is he can wait till you've taken the bar exam." She said "If he decides to leave before then, then you know it wasn't meant to be. Good riddance."

Mia sighed. She looked at Izzy and smiled.
"I'm glad you have Andre."

"I don't have him." Izzy said plainly

"How can you be so against love?" Mia asked

"I'm not." Izzy looked shocked "I've just been around and seen enough to know that I come before anyone else, that might be selfish but it's the way I am."

"You're not selfish!" Mia scolded her "Would a selfish person volunteer their services in a hospital when you should be getting paid for it?"

"Well, I already get paid well for dancing." Izzy said and sighed "And I'm not against love, I'm just more focused on my career which I love." She smiled