Chapter 1

8 Years Later.

"Izzy! We have to get going." Mia yelled out for the umpteenth time that morning. "We're going to be late."

"Be right there." Izzy fixed her hair in front of the vanity getting the perfect edges with the brush in her hand. "Perfect." She said dropping the brush on the slab next to the sink where her makeup lay scattered.

She was an organized person and she made sure she put everything in its place before she left but today wasn't like any other day. Today was different and they couldn't be late.

"Izzzyyy!" Mia dragged.

"Yea. Comin'." Izzy said as she rushed out of her bathroom and down the narrow stairs down the short hall.

"We're going to be late," Mia said as she saw Izzy gallop down the stairs.

"Relax." Izzy said grabbing her coat in the hanger at the end of the stairs "We've got a few more minutes."

"Yea. Two." Mia said pulling the door open and rushing down the outside stairs towards the car.

Izzy locked the door behind her and followed Mia to the car and sat in the passenger's seat next to Mia. Mia started the car and they were soon on their way.

Izzy turned on the music and smiled as one of her jam came on. Damn, she loved WizKid.

"Dammit!" Mia slammed the steering wheel as she slowed the car down joining the queue on the highway. She looked left at Izzy who was moving to the beat of the music - carefree as ever. "See?"

Izzy looked at Mia
"Wha'?" She asked innocently

"Now we're going to be very late." Mia said

"Keep your hair on." Izzy said smugly

Mia shook her head and sighed. She loved Izzy as much as she did herself but sometimes she wanted to strangle her and then bring her back to life.

When they arrived at the airport, they were half an hour late. Mia rushed out of the car and Izzy tried to keep up with her as Mia walked into Arrivals and joined those who waited for their wards. They didn't need to bring a cardboard with her name written on it, they knew what she looked like and could spot her miles away. Maybe not but...

"She ain't even here yet." Izzy said

"That's a good thing." 

Izzy searched the faces of the passengers that were getting off the plane and then her face lit up the second she spotted her "She's here."

"Where?" Mia asked and before Izzy could reply she spotted her too and she beamed. Just then their object of fascination stopped the second she saw them and her face lit up too.

Izzy broke the bond as she screamed
"Josie!"

Josie pushed through the other slow-walking passengers and approached them just as they approached her. Josie abandoned her trolley and went in for an overdue hug that made them sigh in contentment.

Little joy like this brought happiness soo profound some wouldn't understand. They were together again after soo long. Longer than any of them wanted to be apart.

"You're here." Izzy said

"Finally." Mia added.

"Feels like a lifetime." Josie added.

They pulled apart beaming from ear to ear.

Shaking her head Izzy said
"I can't believe it." She pulled Josie in for another hug and Mia joined in