Timeporter's Log #3

Date: May 30, 3023 (Same day)

Event #3

The ocean continued to drain around the massive steal-looking bunker door. I didn't believe what I was seeing. How could I? It wasn't possible and yet it was one hundred percent real. For that very reason it was - awesome.

I didn't fully understand how it functioned; there was some sort of force field generated from the ocean floor that kept the turquoise water from collapsing on top of us.

Honestly that was more impressive to me than the door itself. I could see different fish through the force field just like you would at an aquarium. Only difference is I could put my hand through  and no water would seep into our side.

My mind raced in an attempt to decrypt the mystery of how this strange barrier operated. Somehow it had to be coded to the ocean. At least that was the most likely explanation.

"Emit, stop wasting time," TPMK3008 yelled as the massive bunker door opened, revealing a tunnel that went deeper into the ocean floor.

I hurried after her more focused on my surroundings than on where we were going.  I felt like a kid in a candy store, my brain was overloaded with questions and equations. Still is.

"Keep up," she hollered back to me.

The tunnel had a lighting system I had never seen before but I immediately understood how it worked.

"This place is powered by the ocean water," I said. "A maximized version of hydro-electricity combined with solar power. This place will never lose power unless the ocean dries up."

"That's correct," she kept walking not as impressed with the surroundings as I was. "This place was built in secret two hundred and seventy five years from now, once hydro-electricity became the main source of power throughout the world."

"Built by whom?"

"The engineering division of the Timeporters Bureau. This place was abandoned when portable transmission technology was invented."

"Sure," was the only response I had.

We arrived at an octagonal chamber about the size of a helicopter-landing platform. The walls were full of different sized computerized technology that didn't look like it had been turned on in a century. To make things even more interesting, I knew this technology was far too advanced for any government to have.

Planar panels were everywhere. I figured they most likely operated similarly to solar panel technology. Only one problem, we were underneath the ocean and the only light in the chamber was artificial.

The new girl, I kept referring to her that way because the TPMK3008 name is just to weird for me to describe her, went to the far end of the chamber and began touching multiple screens. She knew what she was doing. I had a slight inkling – slight.

The computer start up sound you might be used to at home was not the sound that came from these machines. Instead it sounded more like an electric jet engine turbine.

She placed her palm on the screen and said, "TPMK3008." The sound of a software booting up activated.

"What does that mean?" I asked. "TPMK3008."

"MK3008 is my name. The TP stands for Timeporter."

"You don't have a first and last name?"

"First and last names ended after the Cyber Age wars in 2245. It became easier to identify and locate humans in the world by naming them with identity codes." She typed something in to a circular grid on one of the screens then grabbed a large tube and plugged it into the octagonal platform in the center of the room.