Chapter 7: The Truth Unfolds

(I apologize for the long wait. I know i left you guys in a cliff hanger. I've been helping my friend deal with her cancer about she's reached stage 2. She says she's ready to give up but i'm going to help her fight this. Enjoy the few chapters i have in stored.)

It was in the early morning so Mecca and I decided, we would go on a hunt for food. The girls had went to the river to fetch water. Nobody was in sight and everything was so quiet. "Something doesn't seem right to me." Mecca said, tightening her grip on her gun. "It's extremely quiet to be out in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of people scattered around." I said, braiding my hair. We kept walking until we came across a path in the woods. It appeared to be fresh as if someone was just walking through there. I felt a bad feeling come up into my stomach. "Something is making me uneasy." I mumbled. Mecca nodded in agreement.

She stepped forward and continued first down the path and i followed up behind her. It seemed like the deeper we went, the more it came hard to stomach. Mecca came to a halt as we heard steps and leaves cracking. Crack..Crack..*Pause* "It stopped.." Mecca whispered to me. I held my grip on my knife and had my left hand over my pistol. After what seemed like forever, there was a nearby scream. In the distance, i saw a male body fall over. "Over there." I whispered to Mecca. "Stop right there." A sharp voice came from behind me. Shit. "Don't move or we'll blow your fucking brains, cuz." said the voice.

The voice came closer and soon as you know it, the voice came from a girl who looked about 15. Mecca laughed out loud, "What's a small ass ole' girl gonna do with that small piece of shit." The girl's face expression changed. She was now smirking at us in a sinister way. "I'm 19 asshole. Plus i may be small but , rest assure I'm not afraid to shot you in your ego filled head." She said towards Mecca. Mecca was still smiling. Mecca never took anyone smaller than her seriously. Mecca was a 6'1, she had muscles, but was skinny. I looked at Mecca who was still smiling. I noticed she was holding something in her hand. I tried to figure it out but i couldn't the way she was holding it. "Listen little girl. I don't give a fuck how old you are but, you best be on your way to Grandma's house or some shit." Mecca said bluntly. I slipped out a laugh but then gathered myself.

The girl clicked her gun and pointed it at me. "Keep smiling and ima blow your fuckin' friend's face off." "What the hell did i do?" I said, almost in a laughing tone. In the distance, i could see what looked like Serenity. "You see that..?" Mecca whispered to me. I nodded slowly still watching the figure draw near. The figure had a gun pointed at the girl as it crept behind the girl. Me and Mecca watched quietly so that the girl wouldnt catch on. BANG! I saw the bullet go through the girl's head. It was straight clean through her forehead. "DAMN!" Mecca laughed. I shot a look at Mecca and then at thee body. "You think that shit was funny?! This isn't fuckin' Grand Def Auto where you come back to life." I snapped. Mecca looked at me and still laughed. "Something wrong with you?" The figure laughed. When it stepped out, turns out it was Serenity with the other girls.

Serenity laughed at my face. I was so confused like why was this shit so damn funny? I rolled my eyes and kept walking down the path. We snacked on a rabbit that Serenity caught. "So Mecca, where your girlfriend?" Megan asked. Mecca shook her head, "Nahh girl. I don't do relationships. They fuck with your mind and make people do dumb stupid shit. I'm too much of a real nigga." "How do you know?" Megan rolled her eyes. Mecca laughed and looked at me, "Shit i've seen it happen."

"How exactly did you meet Rye'Jay?" Serenity asked, eating. "Man, i took her in after her parents were murdered. She was pretty fucked up. She had mutliple stab wounds and blood splatted over her. She barely could stand or talk. I've been by her side since that day. She was a bit rude her first week at my place." Mecca rubbed her head. I shook my head, laughing. "I wasnt that rude, man." Mecca gave me a look before saying, " She was so rude, if i ever made myself some food and left it down for a split second. Nicole here, would be eating the shit." Mecca  rolled her eyes. "Hold up, who's Nicole?" Serenity asked. I sighed. Damn, time to come clean. Fuck you, Mecca. Mecca, Megan, and Serenity was looking at me. "My name is Nicole." I sighed. Serenity gave me a confused stare, "What do you mean you 'Nicole'?" She began to stand up so i stood up too.

"Rye'Jay was a name my mom used when she stripped at this club. She used that name because she didn't want nobody stalking' her. She would always drop me off across the street with some lady. She didn't really appreciate me because of the way i dressed. The lady was so nice, she was like my mom. She didn't like the fact that my mom called me that so she would call me by name which was Nicole." I said, wiping my face. Serenity's head was tilted as she came to understand. "Why didn't you just tell me?" She said drawing closer to me. "Man, fuck if i know. I wouldve thought Mecca loud ass would've told you by now." I said, sticking my middle finger up at her. "Fuck you too." she smiled.