Chapter 4: War begins

I was waking up by the chirping of birds. The sun gleaming in my face. I sat up and wiped the crust in my eyes and i heard silent snoring. It was Serenity sleeping soundly. Her hair in a messy bun. I slowly lifted my body more upward making sure I didn't wake her. Lifting her arm from across my waist. When i got up out of the bed, my back began to ache. There was scratch marks all down my back, last night was the most best nights i've ever had. I took out a small sticky note as i wrote "Be Back in a little, went to get us breakfast :)". After writing that, I slipped on some cargo shorts and my Kevin Hart Shirt w/ my black converses. I grabbed my wallet from the other bed and quietly left outside to the small cafe around the corner from the "resort", you would not believe who i ran into.

"Rye'Jay?" I heard as i turned around. I never thought I had this feeling again. "Regan..." I sighed. Her face looking like she had been crying for hours. "May i join you..?" I wanted to say no but, my body reacted for me. "Sure." slipped out. She walked with me. I could feel myself slipping away. We walked in silence. My hands planted in my pocket. So much things running through my minds..so much to say to her. "Rye'Jay" she called. I looked at her. Her head was down staring at her hands. "I wanna apologize.." "Save it. I'm not in the mood to hear your excuses." I said, tucking my hair. "But, its not an excuse. It's-" "Just shut up." I snapped, glaring her straight in the eyes. "Just stop talking..."

Once again we walked in silence. When we reached the coffee shop. I decided to buy Regan something. "Do you want anything?" I asked her. "A small mocha cappuccino." She mumbled. I ordered three cappuccinos then stepped aside. She was so quiet, to the point that it made me pissed. "Regan." i called to her as she looked at me. My body pulled her close. "I've missed you.." I whispered. Why was this happening? I could feel Regan's face sink into my shoulder with tears. "I'm so sorry, Rye'Jay. I didn't mean it honestly" She confessed. I kept quiet and held her close. Now I had to choose between Regan or Serenity. When we reached the resort, I made sure to go a different way. I entered my room, I was attacked by Serenity's kisses. "I missed you!" she smiled with her dimples. "I missed you too," I kissed her lips. "I got you a cappuccino," I smiled softly. "Aww." She lightly took her coffee and sipped it. We sat at our little coffee table out on the balcony. I knew i fell hard for Serenity..

After a few exchanges of words, Serenity asked me a question. "So uh Rye'Jay." Serenity looked at me. "Yo." I said, sipping my coffee. "Whats the story with your past..the story between your ex girlfriend and mom." Serenity asked. It made me stop and start thinking. "Dont ask me no shit like that." I snapped. "Tell me, Rye'Jay. You are the type who always pushes people away. Please tell me." Serenity said, sincerely. "Ok Ok Serenity Ok." I gave in. I took a deep breath and tried to hold together my feelings. "Me and my ex girlfriend were extremely close. We would go on dates and stay the night. It was Valentine's Day and i wanted to do something nice for her. So i planned out a date at the carnival w/ a dinner date. When I got to her house, we went out had fun and ate at an expensive dinner. Shit was cool and chillz." I said, remembering the memory. Serenity's face was fixed on me, you could tell she was listening to me. "That's when things too a turn for the worse. We came back to my house. We had a our little sex and fell asleep. It was like midnight and i had woke up. My girlfriend was missing from my bed so i decided to go look for her. At the time, my dad wasnt in my life so my mom usually slept alone. I went to my moms room and the sight i saw was something that shook me forever." I snuffled and tried not to cry.

"What happened..Rye'Jay?" Serenity said, covering up her face. "My ex was fucking my mom and my mom was callin out her name. I stood there hurt like shit. When i called out my ex's name. She looked at me, no with shock but with pleasure. My ex stood up naked and my mom sat up looking back at her and me. I heard a click noise and the next thing I know. My ex shot my mom three times in her head right in front of me. Then she pointed the gun at me and smirked." I hit the table hard, crying. "She shot me in my leg and just came closer. She dragged me outside and threw me into the car. She then start driving me somewhere. She threatened to shoot me if i said anything. She dropped me off at my dad's and i never saw her again." I fixed my face. "What the hell?!" Serenity snapped a little. "It's not over yet, after 2 years passed. I ran into her again and she was better or so i thought. She treated me like she used to and i just fell in love again. I couldnt help it she was my first love. But around the time of 2am, she shot my dad and burried him in the forest and this time she made sure i saw it. I took the liberty to grab a gun and point it at her. She switched up the sides and tried to plead guilty and I believed it. I was so dumb to the fact that i was in love..I didnt care but i did.. One night, she wanted to eat me out and i wouldnt let her..she told me she would bring my parents back..I'm so stupid that i let her do it and just didnt think nothing bout my parents..Later that night, she had stabbed me in my arm and tried to kill me." I said, building up anger.

Serenity looked at me shocked and held my hands. "I didnt let her go this time. I pulled the gun from under the pillow and shot her five times. Three times for my mom and two for my dad. I grabbed the car and left Texas for Cali. Of course, i did jail time but because my ex was a wanted criminal they gave me 6 months in prison. From then on, i never trusted anyone ever again. I had no parents and no siblings. I lived on my own for about 2 years." I said, looking at Serenity. "But, for once...I'm willing to put my trust in you..". You better not fuck up or i wont hesitate to kill you like my ex.