Chapter 5: Uncertainty

This was the last day until we go to war. I got to thinking, i gotta survive, gain freedom, kill anyone who stands in my way with no hesitation. "Rye'Jay, you okay?" Serenity patted my shoulder. I looked at her, "I'm fine. Just thinking." I was constantly thinking about Regan, about Serenity, about liberty and freedom. "I'm gonna turn in for the night..I'm a bit exhausted." I lied. I headed to my room and my head ached all over. I wish I could just forget about Regan but, it's just so hard. In a way, Regan was like my ex.. "Serenity." I called to her. "Yes?" She replied, walking over to me. "I need you."

The next minute i was caressing her body all over and over again. Us sweating bullets and her moaning in my ear. Her body lusting for me...my touch. The deeper i went the more she gasped. Round and round went my finger. Why does sex always seem to take over me? It's not curing me. I stopped touching her and sat up. "Whats wrong? Everything doesn't seem to be okay ever since earlier when you told me your past." Serenity looked at me. "Something just isn't right." I replied. "What do you mean?" she touched my arms. "We gotta stop seeing each other for a while." I looked in her eyes. I could tell she didn't understand. "I'm sorry.." She looked down. Whats wrong with me? For the rest of the night, We just laid there. I was laying between her legs my head on her breast and Serenity stroking my head. I didn't want Serenity to go. I don't even know why i said that.. It was pouring rain and i was done toying with woman's emotions. I had to get my head straight and get my head back into the game.

At 3am, we were boarding the war plane. Everyone was dressed in camo pants and black t-shirt. It was a long ride but, for some reason......I liked it. It seemed to relieve me from my stress. Even though it was pouring rain. It seemed like everything was the least of my worries. I held Serenity's hand and just held it. She knew i didnt want her to go.. We landed in an open field next to a pile of supplies. "What type of fuck is this?" I said. "This is where we fight?" Serenity asked. People had confused looks on their faces. "Look alive, would ya?" a voice called to me. It was an old friend of mines named Mecca. She patted me on my shoulder. "I'm trying to but , this piece of shit ain't nothing to smile bout." I frowned slightly. We'll be out in the wild till we all die out and are dead. There's a way out of war and i was determinded to find it. I looked at Mecca. Her dreads were pulled back into a ponytail. "This is stupid." Serenity folded her arms. I didnt want to be here honestly. In the distance i could see Regan. Dressed in camo shorts and navy blue shirt. She looked at Serenity and her smile faded. Are we really gonna fight in a place like this? I must admit I am a little disappointed.

I took my supplies and walked towards Mecca and Serenity. I eyed Regan and Serenity ran up to me and held on to me. Mecca and five other girls followed behind. This was my crew and we are bound to find a way out. What i really planned to do was shoot Regan and get out. "Serenity? Mecca?" I called to them. They looked at me with confusion on their faces. "I found out who Regan is." I said. They looked at each other and said "Who?" I looked at them. "Regan is my ex who killed my parents. She had 3 shot marks on her back and 2 on her her legs. I noticed this when she was getting dressed one day. She cries like my ex and has eyes like her." I said to them. "You sure?" Mecca asked. I nodded with the most certain face. "We gonna kill that bitch." Serenity said, loading her AK47. Now that i know who you are and can kill you without jail time. Regan you are going to fucking die.