Chapter 19- Fear of the Unknown

Start from the beginning

"And Iida..." Your red glare hardened at the young man, suddenly the chilling feeling of ice water ran down his back merely in fear. For that moment, he was terrified of you.

"I understand you love your brother, trust me I get it, but this was selfish and stupid. What makes you think someone with less experience and training than Ingenium could beat the guy who defeated him? Did you even think about this at all? I'll clean this mess up and keep it a secret, but you owe me." Your voice was layered in a mix of irritation and scathing anger from this situation considering it was breaking your cover.

Iida had gasped out from your words, never hearing someone say something that brutal to him before. Then again, he was never accustomed to the retaliation of doing something wrong. He took every word to heart and couldn't bring himself to look you in the eyes as tears of shame poured down his cheeks. Midoriya and Todoroki have never seen you like this before...but perhaps this is the first time your abilities as a mercenary have truly been tested since arriving at UA.

Now to watch those powers at work.

"You're boring me with your wannabe hero talk. Come on Shinobi! Give me something fun to do!" Stain charged at you with his blade, yours meeting his with a metallic clash. You began to grin as you shoved him backward, excitement beating through your veins.

"What, you think you can actually have a chance against me? Gotta cut me first bitch." Deku mentally noted how similar you were acting to Katsuki at this moment. The second you were faced with a proper challenge, you met it head-on with a blood lust filled grin. Calling the terrifying hero-killer Stain a bitch was probably something Katsuki would have been proud of too.

Stain charged at you again, you wielding your blade masterfully as you constantly blocked every incoming move...sensing him faster than the eye could see. He tried leaning towards you with a cheap shot short blade but you ghosted through it. Hit after hit, the quick clashing of blades and your calm attitude in the face of something so terrifying to your classmates put them in a state of complete awe. When it came to weaponry, they were no match for you. You were on a completely different level. Stain knew he was getting nowhere, and soon suffered a few slashes on the sides of his arms from your quick jabs. He needed to distract you or antagonize you somehow so he could cut you...because at this rate he was going to lose in a matter of a few minutes.

"So what, you believe that suddenly protecting a bunch of stupid kids is going to turn you into a hero?! All those people you killed! Their blood is on your hands! You think someone tainted like you could ever be hailed as a hero?! Do you really think anyone could love or admire someone who has sinned as much as you?! You're a villain in disguise Shinobi. You always were, and that will never go away!"

You hated that the notion of being permanently tainted bothered you. After learning about the sacrifice your village made so you could survive, your sense of purpose had changed. You would never be an angel, but you were going to make this world a better place. That felt like heroism to you, bloodsoaked heroism.

"I don't care what you have to say to me. Just admit you're outclassed by the very type of person you hate most." You yelled back at Stain.

You threw your katana with blinding speed, teleporting behind him and catching the blade before slashing him across the back. He cried out in pain, falling to the ground with a clink of his sword. He was bleeding profusely and his quirk seemed to run out on Midoriya who began to shakily stand up. 

"Hahaha..." Stain began to chuckle, wiping the blood from his lips as you kicked his blade away from him, poised over his bleeding form. No one knew what you were going to do. You had every intention to aim for the kill.