Chapter 6

Kenshi's perspective

Kitana: What?! What do you mean by that?!

she leans to the side and whispers to the green one

Kitana: Jade, what is Stockholm Syndrome?

I sigh

Kenshi: Kitana, Stockholm Syndrome is when someone who is abducted feels an uncanny trust or affection for their captor.

Kitana: Captor!? Shao Khan was my father!

Kenshi: Shao Khan was a tyrant who killed your father! you are not from outworld! you are Edenian, along with your adversary.. Shao Khan killed your real father because he wanted his wife, sindel!

Kitana leans back in her seat and sits there in shock and disbelief

Kenshi: Shao Khan never wanted a child, he just wanted an edenian trophy wife. So I put him down, like the sick dog he was.. So you should be thanking me for freeing you of that monsters dirty claws

I pull out my sword and cut their bindings off

Kenshi: You are free to leave, but I suggest re-evaluating your lives, Assassinating is an honourless  job to have.

Kitana seems to be in thought

Kenshi: speak your mind.. I can't read edenian thoughts..

Kitana: I.. I have nowhere to go... I've been so hellbent on killing you that I've wasted all my resources.. but after learning all of this I now see that it was all for nothing...

I sigh, sit down and start to think

Kenshi: hmm.... I can't just let her suffer... I know what it's like to be on my own without anywhere to go.. but she has her companion... but if I leave them then I would be no better then the bakugos..

Kenshi: You may stay here with me, I have spare sleeping bags in the closet over there.

I point to the left

Jade: Sleeping bags?

Kitana: Jade! don't be rude!

Kenshi: Yes Jade, sleeping bags.. I use one as well because believe it or not, I was homeless for most of my life.. I'm lucky enough to even have this place, I took down a mafia kingpin here and decided to take this place for myself.. so I'm sorry if it doesn't suit your requirements..

Jade looked down in guilt.

Kenshi: Don't pity me, get your sleeping bags and do whatever, but I'm going to sleep.

I walk off to a corner where my bag was already set up, I lay down and fall asleep

POV Change: Kitana

Me and Jade set up our bags next to each other, I sit down on mine and hug my knees to my chest

Jade: I know that you're having a hard time contemplating this information about shao khan, so if there is anything I can help with, please let me know.

Kitana: It's not that... I had my suspicions about that.. I just want to know why he helped us, we attempted to kill him an hour ago yet he gave us a place to stay.. he showed mercy..

Jade: He is a strange one indeed.. but kind.. although.. I sense something deeper inside him.. He is in constant pain and cannot let go of something from his past.. he is destroying himself from the inside..

my eyes widen when she tells me this

Kitana: w-what do you mean?

Jade: Something, or someone broke him.. his emotions are not genuine, he is in a constant battle with himself, part of him wants to open himself up, but that part is being suppressed by the part of him that is afraid to be hurt again..