C H A P T E R F O R T Y-S I X

Edited**

Emily's pov

I was currently laying in bed waiting for Xavier to get back so I could confess my feelings to him. I'm hella nervous right now and don't know what to do. I Googled some ways to not feeling nervous when confessing to someone but none helped so here am I dying of nervousness.

Xavier was supposed to be home by now but he sends me a text that he was going to be home late because he has to attend a very important meeting. He sends me a sad emoji and told me not to wait for him but I have to if I want to confess my feelings. My mind told me to do it tomorrow but I just want to get over it already. I was just wishing that he can come home quickly so I can get over it.

"Good night madam!" Carry waved at me and I wish her good night before she left my bedroom. All the maids were gone, my bodyguards were guarding the maid door and one was also dancing my bedroom door so there was no one else inside the house expect them and me.

I had a very bad feeling in my gut earlier today but pushed it away because it can be my mind sometimes.

Ping!

My notification went off and I opened my phone. There was a message from an unknown number and I tapped on it to see what the unknown person send to me.

Unknown---Can't wait to have you back.

'Can't wait to have me back? Who can this be?' I thought with a frown on my face.

"Maybe a wring number," my conscious said and I agreed with her that was until my phone was ringing by the unknown number.

Should I answer?

I had a bad feeling about it so I decided I won't answer it and I tapped the decline button.

BAM!

All the lights were suddenly switched off and the place was pitch black. A loud sound of a body falling to the ground was suddenly heard and I jumped off the bed before dialing Xavier's number.

I hid beside the bed silently while I wait for Xavier to pick up but his phone rang out.

Shit!

I was now scared to the bone as I mopped the sweats off of my forehead. The sound of a door suddenly opening was heard and my heartbeat sped up.

I quickly tapped on the messaging app while my breathing pace increase.

Emily---there's someone in the house and their--

My phone was suddenly snatched by someone and I looked up to barley see someone standing in front of me. But I had to get my phone back. I had to send that message to Xavier.

I was suddenly grabbed by my hair and a whimper left my mouth. I saw my phone behind whosoever is hold me and held onto the mysterious person had that was holding unto my hair while I stretched my other hand to grabbed my phone.

"Not so fast," An unfamiliar, male voice said and I stretched further and manage to press the send button before he smashed my phone.

"Let go of me!" I shouted while trying to get out of his grip.

Dann, he's strong...

"Say goodnight," he said and I could sense a smirk on his face. I felt something collide with my head and stars suddenly flood my vision. I tried to keep my eyelid open but darkness was too strong and everything went black.

...

Xavier's Pov.

"Okay, that's all for tonight," I said while clapping my hands together. "Goodnight everybody...see you tomorrow," I said and grabbed my coat before entering the elevator.