Chopper X Child!Reader

Darkness, was the only word to describe the hollow town. Dead and broken with destruction laying in its path, it held pain with only the growling wind feasting upon people's rooves as the only source of noise.

'How many are left?'

A low room sunken in the depths of the drains, was decorated with 6 figures. All battered and bruised, no energy seen in their pale faces.

'Zoro, Chopper, Nami, Me, Franky and (Your Name)....' A brown skinned male sighed, his fingers losing count of those who died from being hung from the villagers in the city.

'And how many are we hiding?' Franky hissed, his metallic face now gleaming through his skin due to the torture of wars the pack had fought.

'Two...'

'This is ridiculous!'

'Franky, calm down' Nami pleaded her orange hues that were filled with hope, now drowned in a cloudy, distorted vision.

'Calm down!? We are protecting two outlaws and you know very well that another fight will automatically kill us!'

Silence had dawned upon these standing creatures, their faces bowed in shame as the truth that lay before them couldn't be denied.

'Chopper has been with us through the beginning, he' s our doctor. We can survive if we were to protect only him.'

'Luffy's not here. Who said you can order us what to do!?' Awakening from his deep slumber, Zoro stood, his three swords at his side awaiting for the attack.

'I agree with Franky' Usopp cut in, his body in the cutting zone of Zoro's katanas. 'Why help a girl who has nothing to do with us? She' s the one who's causing us to be nomads!! '

' So what do you say, get rid of her? ' Zoro questions, his eyes looking deep into Usopp' s ones.

He nods.

'Yeah'

'Guys! You can't be serious!?' The strawberry-blonde is screaming, her eyes fixated on the three that are starting a conflict.

'That child is Robin' s child! Robin's! And despite knowing that you want to kill her!? '

' I'm sure Robin would want to be with her too '

'Zoro! You!?'

'You alright?' A young reindeer looked towards a girl, who lay feverish by his side. Her body was full of sores, a dangerous heat pulling against her physique.

'Is it.. about me...?' Chopper looked down his pupils filled with despair as he heard the conflicting words of the crew.

'Yeah...'

'See, she can' t even move what are we going to do with a deadweight!? '

'Usopp!'

'Chopper....' (Your Name) turned towards the young bull, his lack of sleep, showering his face as he laid by his patient's side. 'Go with them... I'll manage.'

'What do you mean you' ll manage! ? You can't even get off the bed..! '

' Damn devil fruit users.. Getting us caught up in this mess. '

' Oi! Watch what you're saying, isn't Chopper your friend!? '

' Chopper is! But (Your name) isn't! Admit it Nami, this kid has caused us nothing but trouble!' Nami' s eyes were filled with tears, her body no longer able to carry her weight as she fell to the ground. 'You may want to keep your promise with Robin to protect her. But Robin' s dead! '

Hic

Tears are continuously flowing down Nami' s face, her natural beauty now shadowed by her bruises and tears.

'You can stay but I' m going. Without (Your Name) '

'Same here' Franky groaned, gaining all energy to start his engine.

'I' m going alone. Without Luffy, there's no need for me to be here. '

Nami watched the events unfold, her mind giving her a torturous judgement.

Stay or go?

The government had created a new law, eliminate all Devil Fruit Users. Those found with the power of the demonic fruit  were burned, Chained, or murdered in the raging seas. People were searched, from houses to underground, there were no chances in hiding. However, the worst case scenario that the government could have, had happened and that was the offspring off that user....

(Your Name)

'I-......'

'It' s okay Nami, don't force yourself.' The black haired male turned, his eyes sharp as he looked at the cowering female.

' I'll go. '

(Your Name) held slight tears in her (Eye colour) hues as her one and only friend sided with Usopp.

' I'm sorry.. (Your name).... '

' Chopper? ' The dark-skinned male took a glance towards the reindeer who hadn't left his patient's side.

'Go..'

Chopper lifted his head towards (Your Name's) words.

'Chopper, we don' t have enough time. Let's go! '

' Usopp! '

Usopp was shocked, he stood there stunned as out of all this chaos it was the first time he had heard Chopper scream at him.

' I am a doctor! I would never leave my patient's side until they're fully healed! If Luffy were here... he'll understand, you get that don't you!? ' At that, the reindeer was out of breath, his pain from the fights, his pain from shouting, his pain from leaving the crew had all entered at once, his brown mane shivering as he felt his emotional state slowly break down. 

' All right.' Nami, Franky and Usopp started walking away, their bodies dispersing in the distance as the darkness had swallowed them up

'Don' t say I didn't ask'

With huge water droplets accumulating in the creature's almomd hues, a glacier of tears pressed onto his face, a mountain of snot stuck onto his fur.

'Sorry...'

Chopper held his ground, his hooves erasing the heavy amount of water pressing against his eyelids. 'I-I' m fine...'

' You could've gone..and I held you back' (Your Name) was choking on her words, her body indulged in heat as she watched the young reindeer cry a river of tears.

'I chose to stay.. I-I have no regrets!'
The young girl, with all the strength she had left, placed the reindeer onto her stomach.

'I' ll keep Robin's promise! '

At the name of her mother, the girl tightened her hold on Chopper, feeling the water droplets that cascaded down his wet cheeks.

' You might die... Stupid... '

' I don't care! I-I.. I'll protect you! '

(Your name) felt the tears roll down her face, the duo secreting tears of pain and despair as they held each other.

' I'll protect you... '

A/n
So this chapter may be a bit confusing of what the f*** is going on. Now, this story was inspired by an Era where if witches, vampires, werewolves etc. Existed the like will be stoned, burned or staked to death. This chapter is set in a universe where devil fruit users are known as cursed or demonic and are hunted to be killed, this is why Robin, Brook and Luffy weren't alive in the story. Sanji wasn't alive because he died trying to protect you and your mother, Robin. Of course that only worked halfway, that's why the crew found you as a nuisance. Yes, you have a devil fruit power let's just say it can be passed onto generations, that's why the government wants to kill you.

I seriously need to make one happy Chopper X Reader lol but I hoped you enjoyed ❤️