The Mafia's Daughter

Roronoa Zoro x Child! Reader

Her footsteps echoed throughout the halls, her gown dragging against the glistening tiles as her footsteps remained slow paced towards her fathers' bedroom. The young girl's (eye colour) hues peeked around the corner, large orbs feeling curious to see the sleeping silhouette of her fathers' frame. 'Dad?'

(Your name) frowned, her heart feeling hollow and empty as the air that swirled around the room whispered nothing but instead spat dust. 'Mum?' (Your name) 's small frame stared deep into the black void that laid in front of her, awaiting the murmur of her mother' s words to allow her to join both her and her father in bed but there was no response except the low howl of the wind coming through her parents' window.

'(Your name)?' The (Hair colour) haired girl turned, coming face to face with the brown skinned male.
'Usopp...'
Usopp smiled, his smile lightly lightening the young girl's behaviour.

'What are you up to? Here, in the Middle of the night?'

'I should be asking you the same thing' (Your name) smirked as Usopp too tired to take on (Your name) 's challenge looked towards the door frame that the young girl stood at.

'Looking for Luffy, huh?' It was only for a moment but Usopp caught the slightest glimpse of salty tears accumulating at the child's eyelids.
'Don't Worry (Your name). He' s on a job, you know him he'll be back before you know it. '

(Your name) nodded, holding back the tears that almost dared to fall out of her eyes.' And mum? '

'... Ah... Nami? ' Usopp still wasn' t used to someone calling his Bosses 'Mum' and 'Dad'. It was still new to him to even acknowledge that the care-free, idiot would even have a child. Far-less, Nami as his wife!? He still couldn't get that through his head. After all the adventures of going on Missions with his boss and the Gang he definitely knew the Boss is energetic, childish personality better than anyone and he would've never had thought that would've resulted in a child. 'She went out with him as well. Something about getting some money from the opposing family.'

'Oh... I see..' The Boss' daughter held a depressed expression on her face. Her Mind hurling with thoughts of when both her mum and dad will come back or even 'if' they'd come back. She was old Enough to know her dad was a reckless fighter and it wasn't a pure 100% that everyone will come back in peace and alive. She had learned this, from the amount of raids opposing families had committed in the past to get her fathers' head.

Seeing her expression the male before her shrieked, as he'd definitely get the blame from the cook knowing that (Your name) wasn't feeling at her best.

'W-well.. You know there' s no need to worry I-it's Luffy we're talking about. He'll beat them up in an instant! ' Again with his lies, Usopp tried to slowly escape his fate of Making the young girl cry. He knew from experience that his boss was way too stupid to finish this quest off quickly as they were against the enemy family, Baroque Works.

The petite girl didn't look one bit convinced as she glared the liar down causing him to dig up the remaining escape routes to get out of this situation.

'B-but... I think Zoro can tell you more about it! As Luffy' s right hand man he'll know more information than me! ' The name of the swordsman peeked (Your name)' s interest, the sniper witnessing this, took the situation into his own hands.

'Ah yes, Zoro. How can I forget about my ol' pal Zoro. He should still be awake, knowing he's nocturnal and all. ' Usopp smirked, rubbing his nose as if rewarding his victory. The next heir was already running towards the boss' right hand man's room a smile plastered against her face. Her mother and father's disappearance all but forgotten.