************

"How's Lily?" Jade asked, bursting through the door and jolting Perrie awake. 

"Hello to you too," Perrie grumbled, rubbing her eyes and letting her head from Lily's mattress slowly. 

"Oh my god I'm sorry," Jade said, debating whether or not she should put her hand on Perrie's shoulder. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's okay," Perrie yawned, stretching as she looked over at the clock. "Wow, it's already half past eleven."

"What time did you get to sleep?" Jade asked worriedly. 

"Well, I stayed up because I was still worried about Lily," Perrie replied. "Call it mother's worry or whatever. But that doesn't answer your question does it?"

"Perrie," Jade interjected, stopping Perrie's rambling. "I think I understand that you didn't sleep much, did you?"

"No," Perrie muttered. "You're right. I fell asleep around 4:30 in the morning, I think."

"Perrie!" Jade exclaimed, making Perrie wince. "Remember what I told you, you can't take care of Lily if you don't take care of yourself."

"I know I know," Perrie mumbled. "I'm sorry."

Jade frowned, sitting down on the bed beside Perrie. "Oh Perrie," she said softly. "I know you're worried, and I really shouldn't push you too much right now."

"Jade," Perrie began, but Jade was still talking.

"It's just that I stil care about both of you, and it really sucks to see either of you hurting," Jade continued.

"You still care about me?" Perrie asked quietly. 

"Of course I do," Jade said softly. "You know, I don't just drop everything to talk care of Lily because I only care about her, though I do."

Perrie ruffled Lily's curls affectionately, her eyes roaming over Jade's face with an unreadable expression. 

"I care about you too, and I'm worried about the stress caring for Lily alone has brought you, and will bring you," Jade said. 

Perrie's mouth opened and closed, her eyes searching Jade's. 

"Perrie?" Jade asked. "Are you - "

At that moment Perrie leaned forward quickly and captured Jade's lips between her own, effectively cutting off whatever the brunette was going to say. 

Almost immediately Jade pulled away, putting a hand to her mouth. Strange emotions she hadn't felt in a long time were surfacing, and her heart was racing. 

She knew she shouldn't kiss Perrie. She had Danielle. 

It was the absolutely wrong thing to do. 

She shouldn't do it. 

At least, that was what her brain was screaming as Jade surged forward and pressed her lips to Perrie's once again. Perrie wrapped her arms around Jade's waist and pulled her tight against her chest, and the fireworks that exploded inside of Jade overwhelmed her. The kiss soared through Jade, and warmed every inch of her body.

Suddenly guilt swamped Jade's emotions, like a cold wind snuffing out the candle of passion burning bright inside of her. She pulled away from Perrie, dread pooling in her stomach as she took Perrie's appearance in. The blonde's lips were swollen, her hair was messed up, and her blue eyes were bright as they stared back at Jade. 

"I shouldn't have done that," Jade whispered and she turned and ran from the hospital room, leaving Perrie standing hunched over next to Lily's bed.