Chapter 3

So we've been following Jade for the past two chapters, I think it's Perrie's turn for a little while :)

"Mommy, are you sure you know where Jade lives?" Lily asked, squirming in the carseat. "I'm sure honey. Please have some patience," Perrie replied, fixing Lily with a stare though the rearview mirror. "Ok," Lily said, turning her head to look out the window, her blonde corkscrew curls bouncing. Perrie chuckled and turned her attention to the road again. 

For a 24-year-old, Perrie's life was pretty good, for the most part. She has a wonderful 5-year-old daughter, a good job, and a nice place to live. The downside was, she had a full time job, and a 5-year-old daughter. Ever since Alex had walked out on her and Lily 4 years ago, Perrie had been struggling with being both a good Physical Therapist and an attentive mother. For 4 years now Perrie had spent many a night laying awake, wondering why Alex had left and how the hell she was going to manage on her own. 

Then Perrie met Jade. For the first time in 4 years, something else kept Perrie awake other than her normal problems. She thought of Jade's brown hair and wondered if it was as silky as it looked. Perrie thought about Jade's beautiful caramel colored eyes and the way they lit up when she smiled and laughed. She wondered what it would be like to hold the beautiful brunette in her arms, and continuously imagined a future where she could call Jade hers. 

"Mommy, Wayward Street!" Lily shrieked, shattering Perrie's thoughts. "Thank you pumpkin," Perrie replied, smiling at her daughter in the rearview mirror as she turned the car onto the street. Perrie scanned the numbers of the apartment complexes, searching for Jade's. "Mommy, number 1143!" Lily yelled. "Thank you," Perrie replied, wincing at her daughter's loud tone. 

She pulled the car up beside the large apartment complex. "So she's number 12B, so the second floor," Perrie muttered to herself as she untangled Lily from the mess that was her seatbelt. "I wanna see Jade!" Lily exclaimed, bounding ahead of Perrie. Perrie shook her head, wondering how anyone could have that much energy. 

************

"Shit!" Jade screeched as she ran into her kitchen, spotting her favorite vase shattered on the ground. She quickly bent over and tried to pick up the pieces, but at that moment there was a knock on her door. "Just a moment!" Jade called, running back to her bedroom, profanities spilling from her mouth as she rushed to get dressed. 

"Where the fuck is my eyeliner?" Jade grumbled, groaning and running a hand through her hair. "I'm so fucking unprepared, damn it!" There was another knock, and Jade stumbled back into the kitchen and opened the door to reveal Perrie with Lily clinging to her leg. As Perrie's eyes looked her up and down, Jade blushed, imagining what Perrie saw. A stressed out, messy haired, pajama wearing 25-year-old.

"Sorry, I've spent all my time packing," Jade rambled. Perrie put a finger on Jade's lips, cutting her off. Warmth rushed into Jade's cheeks, and she had to look away. "It's okay," Perrie replied kindly. "Um, okay I need to, uh, go get dressed," Jade mumbled, jerking a thumb behind her. "Sure, can I come in?" Perrie asked. Jade nodded, turning and running back toward her bedroom. She didn't make it. 

Jade's boot slipped on a piece of fallen glass and Jade went crashing to the floor with a loud cry. "Shit shit shit," Jade muttered, putting a hand to her knee that was now throbbing. I can't get hurt again! "Jade? JADE!" Perrie ran into Jade's small kitchen, and rushed over to her. "Are you okay?" Perrie asked, leaning down and worriedly checking Jade over. "No," Jade replied, wincing as she rolled over onto her side, putting pressure on her knee. 

"What happened?" Perrie asked. "All I heard was a shout and a loud crash, and I didn't know what to think," she sighed. Jade explained what had happened, and told Perrie about her knee. "It only seems bruised," Perrie decided after examining Jade for a minute. "But you're not a doctor," Jade replied, gingerly sitting up.