Chapter 13

I'm actually getting so much backlash and hate for writing this book. So to everybody: CHILL TF OUT OR I'M DISCONTINUING THIS BOOK.

I'm sorry if you like this book but I'm not going to continue writing it if most of the feedback I get is negative. 

Anyways here's a new chapter for all of you Jerries out there

The diner was a sea of noise, pans banging against one another, people talking cheerfully to each other, and the thumping of feet against the hard wood floor. 

Jade sat still, seemingly a single rock on the waves, an anchor of calm surrounded by the churning water. This was not the case. Her thoughts were jumbled together, a mix of worry and regret. 

Should I have even sent that letter to her?

Am I ready to see her, talk to her?

Will she even show up?

Jade slumped down further in the booth, behind the waffle she had ordered and only eaten half of. The chefs had gotten the order wrong and had forgotten to hold the blueberries. To Jade's overly nervous mind, it was a bad omen. A sign that Perrie wasn't going to show up.

The minute hand passed over the twelve, and it was now a bit past nine in the morning. Jade had been here for almost an hour, moving her food around on her plate, nibbling on a strawberry here or there. 

"Do you want somthing else darlin'?" A waitress asked, walking over to Jade with a sugary sweet smile on her face for what seemed like the millionth time. 

"No thank you," Jade replied, retuning the smile with one of her own. 

"You'll need to hurry along soon, we have other people who would like to sit here," she said, for the first time in the past hour showing and signs of annoyance. Jade had to give her props, she had kept her cool for an hour at least. 

"Just a couple more minutes," Jade begged. 

The waitress sighed out, a long annoyed exhale that made her bangs fly up for a second. "Fine," she said. "But if you're still alone in a couple of minutes you're going to have to leave. For real."

"I understand," Jade said, staring at her soggy waffle, drowning in syrup. 

"I'll just take that," the waitress said, grabbing the plate and walking away. Jade just watched the waitress leave. She couldn't even eat the whole waffle if she tried. She wondered how Perrie managed to. 

Jade closed her eyes and leaned back against the booth. When a couple minutes went by, Jade was disappointed to realize that Perrie wasn't coming at all. 

"Waste of my time," Jade mumbled, turning to grab her bag. 

"Jade?"

Jade froze, her hand on the strap of her bag. She turned around, hardly daring to believe her eyes. 

Perrie was standing in front of the booth, her hair tucked into a quick braid, her beautiful blue eyes swimming with tears. Her lower lip was trembling, and underneath her eyes were dark circles. She looked like a mess. But she was here. 

"Hi Perrie," Jade said softly, slowly standing up from the booth. Her eyes widened when Perrie threw herself at Jade, wrapping her arms around the petite Geordie's body and burrowing her face in the crook of the brunette's neck. 

"I'm sorry," Perrie cried, Jade's mouth opening and closing as she stroked the shaking blonde's hair, trying to calm her down. "I'm so sorry."

"It's alright," Jade said soothingly. "Perrie, it's okay."