"No, Rudolf. He is just a friend."

Rudolf sniffs the air.

Then he says, "You're just like us. Surrender her, we will gladly  accept you in our pact."

John suddenly suffers great headache. His head is killing him right now.

Irene yells, "He's using his power as an Alpha to conquer you! Fight him, John!"

John groans when his head felt being sting with thousand invisible needles. His gun falls from his hand.

Irene yells, "Stop it! Don't hurt him!"

A man is casually walking and whistling as if he's having a stroll in the park. Not walking through dangerous men.

He almost reaches the gun on the floor when a beefy guy stops him.

A knee strikes his opponent stomach, followed with grappling act. Holmes' opponent is down in 5 second. Everything happened so fast, the others could barely understand what happened.

Another guy tries to ram him down. Holmes takes him down easily like the guy before him.

Irene gasps. Holmes doesn't look like a good fighter at all. He's always full of surprises.

The detective brushes away some dusts from his pants. He grabs the gun from the ground.

He spent a year in a dojo learning Krav Maga, Sambo and Brazilian Jiujitsu out of boredom. It seems his hard work paid off somehow. Boredom sometimes could save a man's life.

John is still paralyzed behind Holmes' back. Groaning on the ground.

Holmes points a gun to Rudolf and he warns, "Pull back your men. Or you shall have a fancy hole in your head."

His goons are encircling closer and closer to him.

The gun is fired, the bullet misses few inches away from Rudolf's head. John gasps for air. His headache is gone. Holmes has broken the Alpha's power on him.

"Next time I won't miss," warns Holmes.

Rudolf growls before he calls, "Let's go, guys."

Holmes orders, "Adam, you stay put. Your sister wants you to go home."

Adam looks shocked. He protests, "I don't have any sibling!"

Holmes grins and then says, "I know it. How many more lies, Anya?"

The woman walks toward him and puts a hand on his arm. She smiles to him but she doesn't reply him at all.

Irene feels she could punch her any moment now.

"That's my mate! Stay away from him!"

That's what she wants to scream out loud right now. But declaring it would only make Holmes as Rudolf's target.

The mate you rejected. Now he chose another woman.

Irene silences her conscience. She doesn't need another mate. Losing her mate made her died inside. She doesn't want to feel it again.

Holmes orders, "Irene, help John. Adam, you are coming with us."

Adam protests, "But I don't know you!"

The gun is pointed to the teenager boy.

"Fine. I already hate you. Why not point a gun to me?"

Holmes orders, "Kid, help him."

Adam  grumbles when he helps John to walk. Irene follows behind them. Anya is leading the way right now.

Rudolf warns, "I won't forget this."

Holmes mocks, "They always said I'm worthy to remember. Adios, Amigos."

He is whistling a merry tune when he leaves that spot. The others have escaped safely from the local gang.

 The others have escaped safely from the local gang

(Rudolf, the Alpha)

One of his men asks, "What now?"

Rudolf orders, "Find them. Nobody mocks me in my turf."

"Yes, Rudolf."

Irene was his brother's mate. Eric died for her. It's time for Luna to come back home. To where she belongs.

*****

Holmes points a finger to Anya and orders, "Explain!"

Anya rises her hands as a sign of giving up. She stares to Adam and the boy stares angrily to her.

She explains, "Adam is my boss step son. His father ordered me to track him down."

Adam protests, "He hates me! It's better for me to leave home!"

Anya says sadly, "Your mom has been hospitalized after you're gone. Don't you care for her?"

Adam looks shocked.

Irene and John stare each others. They both know Adam is a young werewolf looking for a decent pack. It's natural for them to join a pack. Without one, a young werewolf would feel lonely and lost.

Holmes asks, "There's no cult?"

Anya says, "You see those guys. Rumors said they're cult members. If you could prove it, Holmes, I'll double the fees."

"Not interested."

Anya touches his arm before she whispers, "I'll give you extra bonus. I love what we did in bed."

Irene's sharp hearing senses could hear her voice easily. John could hear it too. He holds her arm and shakes his head. Murdering her wouldn't be a good idea.

Holmes pushes her hand away before saying, "Not interested. It's a mistake earlier."

Anya looks greatly disappointed. She really likes him a lot. Probably the only guy who caught her interest after the professor.

"Okay, you know where to find me. I just have to take him home. Boss' order."

She blows a distance kiss before Adam and her leaves the spot.

Holmes turns to face them. He orders, "You two got some explanations to do."

John and Irene stare each others. They couldn't tell him they are werewolves.

Finally Irene sighs and then confesses, "That's true. I'm, no, used to be a cult member. But I left them after Eric died."

-----------------------------------------------------
Be careful what you posted online.

You think Holmes would believe she's an ex- member?

Please vote and comment:)