Chapter 4: The Divine Emperor

Steel and iron towers had covered the once-alive-and-green planet, now sunken into concrete roads, oil fountains, and poisonous miasma. In the streets where any living being would've already died long ago, green reptile-humanoid creatures with sharp tails moved freely as if it was their natural habitat.

In the highest tower risen to the smoky skies as if some devilish castle, on the highest floor there was a council room with a steel round table. Multiple robots served hot drinks to some Reptiloid generals (for those hideous creatures were indeed the infamous race of Reptiloids) and a tall man sitting on a black throne, who, differently from the darkened, ugly reptiles, wore a pure white coat as if an innocent being. He was not of their kind – he looked human. Yet, his blazing light blue eyes full of mysterious wisdom hinted at the higher ranks – much higher than even the Daluma. His long dark golden hair tied in a single braid resembled a noble fashion of the godly race none other than Captain Sinbad belonged to. It was truly confusing since that mysterious Captain Sinbad was rumoured to be the last of his species. That didn't change the fact, however, that this man, although somewhat hideous, still looked noble and comely, both by the demeanour and the overall appearance.

 That didn't change the fact, however, that this man, although somewhat hideous, still looked noble and comely, both by the demeanour and the overall appearance

"Report, General Salamander," he ordered one of the oldest Reptiloids. He swung his hand and formed a golden pipe out of nowhere – most likely teleported from a remote place. He drew on it and exhaled some blue smoke much in Captain Sinbad's manner.

"If you allow, Lord Koriel." the general bowed with respect. "We've recently conquered Planet Eborah in the Uma Universe. Further on, we've deployed troops in the three universes close to us, namely Raden where our base planet Retti is located, Uma mentioned above, and Fube."

"Which major planets are you attacking?"

"We've begun assaults on Planet Esnan in Fube, which is one of the most main planets there, as Your Excellency is aware. In Uma, we've already attacked Planet Nhuhm. Currently, that gentle pegacorn race resists against us, but we'll break down their defences pretty soon. As for Raden, most of the base planets are already in our hands here."

"What of Earth?"

"Excuse me?"

"What of Planet Earth? Those Gaian Worms – is there any use of them?"

"Well, certainly they're a good source of income in terms of slave trade, and they serve as some fine specimen for our experiments... Why would Your Excellency be interested in those low-level creatures, though?"

"Gentlemen, have you heard recent news about the pirates' movements?" Koriel returned a question, idly drawing on his pipe. "Captain Sinbad has attacked Planet Irahor, one of your enemy race Radenoids' finest treasures, and has destroyed a mere lowly pub, which is so unbefitting his noble nature. Such an unusual behaviour of his caught my attention. I've discovered that, according to some data, one slave's presence was completely missing. He abducted her, to be precise. That mere slave belongs to the lowly race of the Gaian Worms. I know the Galaxy Pirate Emperor has nasty plans in his mind which come in conflict with my ambitions. So, I often ponder over why in Great Hermin's bliss Captain Sinbad would need a Gaian Worm by his side when, much like me, he hardly ever considers those insignificant creatures actually exist in this world."