Chapter Ten: Surprise

Start from the beginning

For myself I had decided on wearing lazy clothes. I had no meetings or work events today, I was just staying at home. And for that I wanted to be comfortable. So I decided to wear a simple round-neck, short sleeved, white t-shirt, with olive green cargo pants, and white running shoes.

OUTFIT SHOWN IN IMAGE ABOVE

<><><><>

Once the twins are up, showered, dressed, and feed, I'll give them to Jamie and Kayla to babysit for the day.

Today is Jamie and Kayla's turn to watch them. Yesterday was Max and Layla's turn, and tomorrow is Wyatt and Luke's turn. It's a system for us during the week.

While I work from nine to six, Monday through Friday, they take turns watching the twins for me, while I stay cooped up in what used to be my father, Miles' office. That's where I do all my work from. That way I'll be close if they need me, but everyone knows not to bother me unless it's an emergency.

"Sissy?" I heard a small voice ask through the baby monitor.

I grabbed the monitor and spoke into it, "Yes, Court?"

"You come get me?"

"Of course, sweetheart."

Clipping the monitor onto my pants, I walked out of my room and into the room across the hall. The twins still shared a room, not wanting to be separated from each other, not that I minded much. I personally thought it was adorable that the twins barely ever wanted to be apart from each other.

Opening the door, I was greeted with the usual sight I see every morning. Courtney was standing up against the rails of her crib, her hair messily tossed everywhere on her head, with her pajama's wrinkled. She yawned as her eyes locked onto mine, and then she waved at me, before throwing her arms up into the air, a classic sign that she wanted to be picked up.

"Hi, baby." I greeted quietly, kissing her forehead as I picked her up and placed her on my hip.

"Hi, Sissy." she smiled.

"How was your sleep?" I asked.

"Good. I had dream 'bout baby doggie. We have baby doggie?" she spoke excitedly.

"Quiet, baby. Dyl is still sleeping. A baby doggie is called a puppy-" she cut me off by whispering loudly.

"We have puppy?"

"Not right now, sweetheart. Sissy's too busy to take care of a puppy, and you guys are too young to take care of a puppy." I spoke before suggesting, "Maybe in a few years?"

"Okay." she spoke unhappily.

I giggled, "Alright, let's go get your bath started before we wake Dylan up. We both know if he doesn't get enough sleep he's like the Grinch."

"Oh, mister Grinch." Courtney giggled.

I walked out of the nursery, quietly shutting the door behind me, before walking to the bathroom.