Chapter Three

Police Officer James and Lydia were narrowing down the list of suspects based on the cctv footage of nearby stores over a cup of coffee and tuna sandwiches. The fact that this town was as big as a city and a group of teenagers had exited a nearby club at the exact moment of the crime didn't help the case. There were way too many people, way too many suspects.

Just then, they both were called to the front of the police station by a thin clerk.

Officer James and Lydia grudgingly left their lunch and were surprised to see Josh at their desk. Officer Lydia said in bewilderment, "Any information you would like us to know?"

"It's him," Josh said hysterically, lowering his voice. "It's Liam."

Officer Lydia's eyebrows furrowed as she sat on the chair, gesturing Josh to do the same. "And how do you know this?" 

He let out a shaky breath. "I teased him . . . He was involved in the rumours that my friends . . . and I spread about his girlfriend- Jezebel Johnson. He was affected by it . . . And he's a freak. A total nutcase."

Both the officers stared hard at him.

"I'm not lying, he is weird! He's not like the other kids at school. He wears the same Batman t-shirt everyday, his droopy eyes . . . And he never hangs out with anyone other than Jezebel."

Officer Lydia glanced at her partner who nodded in understanding, opening the file.

A few minutes later, officer James confirmed. "He's in the list."