》4《

Two weeks flew by before I had known it. The project was due a week from tomorrow. In the span of two weeks, I'd gotten closer to both Grayson and Ethan. I finally grew the balls to tell Ethan the truth, about Elle and such.

He wanted to help me. To help me find stuff about her, so we agreed I'd walk with him to his house and we'd do research. It was weird how he was willing to help me like that. I told him that I didn't want pity, but he insisted that it wasn't pity. That could have easily been a lie.

As I took my seat next to Ethan in art, he bombarded me with his help. "You're so gonna love me after I show you what I've found."

"Calm down," I responded, whispering a little. "What did you find?"

"No, no, no, you'll find out about it later. But it is groundbreaking," he sighed.

"That good huh? Can I come over today then to see your groundbreaking discoveries?" I asked in a posh accent already knowing the answer.

"Why of course m'lady," Ethan slinging his arm around me pulling me close. He had a tendency to do that which made people think we were together. We were not and I had no interest in being with him and he had no interest in being with me.

I stared at him blankly not saying a word. "And you wonder why people think we're a thing," I rolled my eyes playfully side hugging him back.

"I'm just trying to show my appreciation for you...duh. Also, you have yet to ask me to stop, so it is one hundred percent not a problem."

I rolled my eyes again and pulled my black hood over my head. It was a while until I could learn what he knew about Elle, I just had to wait for the day to be over.

As we walked in the cool fall air, I looked around. I couldn't believe the year was almost over. It was already November and it felt like it was still August.

"Listen to this," Grayson demanded as he shoved an earbud in my ear. I was taken aback by his forcefulness. I readjusted the earbud to be able to listen to it and enjoy it.

"Calm down," I said, bopping my head. I couldn't put my finger on the name of the song but it was familiar.

"It's good right?" He asked, like he cherished my approval. I knew that wasn't true, but it made me feel a little warm inside.

"Yeah it is," I responded leaning my head on his shoulder as we walked. A relationship with a person can change in two weeks and that is crazy to me. I never truly despised the boy, but he made me uneasy. Now, I could chill with him and I was happy because I finally had a friend other than Khalan. I could feel Grayson's smile without even looking at him.

"Wow, it's like I'm not even here," Ethan groaned. I pulled myself away from Grayson and wrapped myself around Ethan. At that point I had realized how touchy-feely we were.

"There's more than enough of me to go around boys," I said, still vibing with the music.

Ethan shook his head, disagreeing with me, "You're just saying that." I laughed in response at his stupidity.

"You caught me, I'm totally saying that just to make you feel better," I sighed as we finally got to their neighborhood. Ethan fake whimpers as he pulls his keys out of his pockets.

"Just like last time, our mom and dad are at work so the whole place is for us," Grayson said wiggling his eyebrows. I just shook my head as we entered their house.

"I'm just here for whatever Ethan has to tell me. I'll stay for a little while after then I have to get out of here. I don't even remember what excuse I have for being here right now," I admitted.