》13《

"You told me to meet you here, now what?"

I was in the parking lot of a CVS where Ethan had texted me and told me to meet him just yesterday. I had no idea why he picked a CVS parking lot where we would meet, but he assured me that I would enjoy this.

"Are you ready to go somewhere special?" Ethan asked, smiling.

I really wanted to know where he was taking me, and yet I didn't want to know at the same time. "So we are going to get on the subway, and go to....New Lockvern!"

New Lockvern was one of our neighboring towns. It was about thirty minutes to an hour away. But why was he making us go to New Lockvern? What was so special there?

"Are you going to tell me why we are going to New Lockvern? Or are you just going to let me suffer?"

"I don't see a problem with you suffering," he joked.

I stared at him for a while just not saying anything, in disbelief of the fact that I was being disrespected.

"You see Ethan, I don't have to follow you onto the subway. I can just go home," I joked back. I obviously wasn't going to go home, I needed to know what he had planned.

"By all means go home. Don't let me stop you."

I couldn't stop my laughter at that point.

"If you don't start walking to the station right now."

When we get to the subway station. We do all the typical subwaystation-y things. I wouldn't know honestly. He paid the fare or whatever–I don't know in the end we ended up on the subway.. I just followed Ethan like a lost puppy and let him do all the hard work.

When we sat down I got nervous. I didn't know why I was nervous, but I was just filled with nerves.

"You're shaking," Ethan commented. "Calm down, I promise you that it's really not bad. I really think you'll like it."

"You can say that all you want, pretty boy, but I'm not buying it," I said, making sure to highlight the sarcastic tone in my voice.

"Take a nap or something. Just stop being a shaky little b-i-t-c-h," he responded.

"I'm gonna take you up on that offer," I smiled, showing all of my teeth. I closed my eyes and thought about nothing and everything at the same time.

I was awoken from my short nap by Ethan shaking me. "C'mon! Let's go!" He whispered, but yelled at the same time if that makes sense. He was way too excited, which put me on edge a little.

"Now who's the jumpy one?" I joked as I stood up from my seat and stretched my legs.

"Let's just go, we have to get to the coffee shop by 3:00 and it's 2:15!"

Now we were going to a coffee shop? I just wanted to know what secret he had. I followed Ethan off of the train and he started walking almost leaving me behind from his excitement.

"Slow down!" I called after him.

"No time! This is very important!"

I ran up to him almost tripping on some rocks that shouldn't have even been indoors. "If we walk fast we can make it," he whispered to himself more than he whispered to me. He sped up and I was forced to try to catch up with him which was nearly impossible because of all the people around us.

I had to apologize a couple times here or there for Ethan mindlessly walking into people. Whatever this secret was, was definitely good. Nothing was going to get between him and whatever he had planned.