》19《

It was Thursday. Khalan was moving today, and I was just supposed to be okay with that. I went to school and was sadder than ever. That was really it. The end of an era. I was sad, yet the only thing I could think about was a few nights ago, when Grayson and I were on facetime until my alarm for 6 AM went off. I fell asleep earlier than I would have, just because I felt safe with him.

When I woke up that morning after falling asleep on facetime, Grayson was in his bathroom brushing his teeth and he looked so—

Khalan. I was sad about Khalan. I was supposed to be sad about Khalan. Khalan was what mattered. I went over to Khalan's house about an hour after the school day was over. That had become my routine that week. I really was going to miss him.

I didn't let the fact that he told me that he had feelings for me change anything. Infact, I felt like in the short amount of time we had only continued to grow even closer than we already were. I mean–we really couldn't have possibly gotten that much closer, but it made sense in my own little way.

I said my first goodbye to Jess. She probably wouldn't remember me as much as I remember her, but that was really all I needed. We probably wouldn't talk as much, hell, we don't even talk much recently. Only because of their move have I been coming over so frequently.

Grayson was there with me to say my goodbyes, because I knew I would get emotional and I just wanted him to be there. He told me one on one that he felt a little bit out of place because he really didn't click with anyone there and I couldn't blame him. The guys and Grayson just had such big different personalities and they clashed, it was frankly surprising to me when Drey and Ethan had become as close as they did.

Nevertheless, despite everyone's differences, we "came together" to help Khalan pack the rest of his stuff. While taking the last of Khal's clothes out of his closet I found a note from past me and him that I had left in there from long ago when I was hiding in his closet during hide and seek.

The note said,

We went to school today and had so much fun. I hope we stay friends forever. Me too!

There was an obvious difference in handwriting which signified that we both had written on it. I could tell that I had written the 'Me too!' just because my handwriting was just better than Khalan's. That made me tear up just a little bit because Khalan had actually shown how much he cared about me.

"Dude, look what I just found," I announced, mainly towards Khal. I walked to him in his empty bed and handed him the aged paper.

I had realized it meant that Khal hadn't cleaned his room thoroughly in years, which was quite disgusting to think about. Khal's eyes started to tear up as well after reading the note.

"Are you crying?" I asked jokingly in disgust.

"No," his voice shook. "I'm not crying," he coughed to clear his throat.

"I know this man ain't cryin' right now," Jax interjected.

"Man, wasn't you crying over your girl a few weeks ago?" Khalan snapped back.

"Yeah, and what about it?"

"Suck my dick," Khal said.

"I'm down," Jax responded.

I snickered and took the note back from Khal. "I'm keeping this," I told him. Khal had a look in his eyes that said that he wanted to keep the note. It was like a sad dog that was dying.

"Do you want the note, Khal?" I asked in an endearing voice, holding it out to him. He slowly nodded.

"Yeah, I want the note," he mumbled. He slowly took the note from my hands and put it in the box he had open.