- stranger things 3 - trailer

a hand slams down a bag onto a bed, a finger presses a button, and then a radio starts playing music. then dustin is shown with his hand on his face. he sighs, like he's tired. he glances across his room. his turtle is facing towards him.

"at least someone's happy i'm home." he says to it.

his head snaps over to the opposite side of his room, where the old toys in his closet have suddenly come to life, and are moving on their own. they all start moving out the door as dustin watches them, breathing heavily in fear.

the shot fades as he follows them out into the hallway. he's holding a can of farrah fawcett hairspray. "it's just a dream." he tells himself. "you're dreaming." they go into the living room.

the shot fades again but opens up with max, lucas, will, mike, eleven, and nineteen all standing in a row. they're looking upwards, waiting to go surprise dustin. they're smiling in excitement. it's revealed that eleven is controlling the toys to move on their own because her eyes are closed, and there's some blood dripping from her nose. mike is staring upwards seriously. he then turns to the girl next to him and whispers, "now!" eleven's eyes shoot open.

the toys in the living room stop in their places, along with dustin. he then immediately runs to them and picks up the one in the front, staring down at it. the rest of his friends appear behind him, holding a sign and a finger to their lips.

they all put small party horns into their mouths and max stands off to the side, counting down. when she reaches one, they all happily blow into the horns, alerting him of their presence.

dustin lets out a high pitched scream and immediately turns around and sprays the hairspray at whatever intruder is behind him. it's actually lucas, and he sprays it right in his face.

lucas lets out a scream at the sudden burning sensation as the rest of his friends all gasp and step back in alarm.

a new image fades in. it's a sunny day on a hill in the summer of 1985. 7 kids walk up the small hill, carrying various items.

next, you see dustin, max, lucas, and will pushing up a pole they had made. it stands on its own and they all cheer. nineteen's standing off to the side, smiling up at it. the shot fades.

you see a building with the words, 'the hawkins post' across the top. then nancy and jonathan are sitting in the hallway, staring through a doorway.

it fades to show hawkins public pool. it's crowded, due to the public coming to escape summer's heat. next, you see billy hargrove with a whistle around his neck patrolling the pool. he passes by another lifeguard. she gives him a seductive look.

you then see hopper in a restaurant, lighting a cigarette. the seat across him is empty. joyce is shown eating by herself in her living room. she looks regretful.

the shot flicks to nineteen, sitting crisscrossed outside and looking down at something. she's crying and reaches up to wipe the tears away.

the sounds start to get slower as you see mike, on his bicycle, outside the byers house. he turns to look back as his friends all pedal away from the house.

"we're not kids anymore." he says overhead.

a sudden shot of sock covered feet is shown. they're dancing, and then you see max, nineteen, and eleven sitting in a neat bedroom. max is holding a hairbrush, dancing and singing to unheard music. eleven is sitting on the bed, bobbing her head and picking up magazines and looking through them. finally, nineteen is sitting opposite her new sister and is practicing braiding her long hair.

"i mean, what did you think?" mike continues. you then see max and lucas running down a dark hill, away from dustin. he stares after them longingly.