- chapter four: will the wise

CHAPTER FOUR.
the gossips of hawkins have a new topic!

[ please read ]hey so i basically want to clear some things up real quick

[ please read ]
hey so i basically want to clear some things up real quick. it's been a year since brenner went 'missing', so nineteen learned a lot in one year. she got a teacher, and mary worked with her a lot basically. nineteen was never allowed outside, even after owens started working, but she basically knows almost everything. she's obviously gonna be confused on what's in and out and stuff in the future but she knows stuff, just saying! oh! and she can read the basics, so i would put her at about a 1st grade reading level, maybe? which is a bit better than eleven could so they're near each other in that aspect : )

ALSO YALL IM SORRY THIS IS SO MUCH LONGER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE KENXISKS

and finally, chapter dedicated to: @ohclio

PS. the clothes in the media are what i picture her wearing. they got rid of polyvore so this was sloppily and hurriedly made lmao sorry

after steve popped a few waffles into the toaster, made sure that nineteen ate them, told her what she should and shouldn't do while he was gone, he left for school. nineteen stayed in the kitchen for a couple more minutes, looking at the interior design. there was a glass chicken on top of the refrigerator that she was tempted to touch, but remembering steve's words to not touch anything, she just looks before moving on.

nineteen leaves the kitchen quietly, making her way back upstairs. she walks back down the hallway and peeks into the room that steve said was his. the door creaks open loudly and she takes a few steps back before pushing the door the rest of the way.

steve has blue sheets and a blue cover with white walls. there's a desk in the right corner and a window on the side opposite of the door. nineteen walks towards the clear glass and peers outside. she scans the yard silently. the ground is covered in mud and leaves, and is still wet.

her eyes fall upon the pool, which was a nasty, dark green color with leaves floating in it. she stares at it disdainfully. nineteen takes a step backwards, sadness contorting her face as she feels a small tug to the area near the diving board. she makes a noise of discomfort at the back of her throat before turning back to the room quickly.

she steps away from the window and towards steve's desk. there's a book open on it and nineteen picks it up. it's thick and much heavier than she anticipates, so she nearly drops it after handling its full weight. the words on the pages are tiny, and she only knows a couple of words per sentence, and that's just 'a, the, and it'. she drops the book back on the desk, disappointedly, and looks around the room.

her eyes settle on shelves against the wall. they have small trophies and pictures adorned across them. she notices a reoccurring face in all of the frames. it's a young woman, with light eyes and light brown hair. she has a pretty smile and kindness in her eyes.