- chapter eleven: the gate [ part two ]

CHAPTER ELEVEN.
get him.

a loud alarm blaring around them nearly deafens nineteen when she walks through the doors. she had just gotten out of this place and was now walking its halls again. it was, as dustin put it, insane.

hopper lead the two girls through the halls, pointing a gun and a flashlight at everything he saw.

they make it to the stairwell quickly and eleven looks around, paranoid. they follow after the man.

when they start walking down, hopper stops. there's blood all down the stairs and the railing, and grunting and panting can be heard at the bottom.

"stay here." he hoarsely says. the girls glance at each other worriedly. hopper walks down the rest of the way and peers over the side. he lets out a sigh. "oh, shit."

nineteen's heart stops when she hears hopper's thoughts and she's suddenly darting down and running past hopper. she hits the flat floor and leans over owens, looking him over. "no, no, no." she rests her right hand on his bloody stomach.

hopper sits down next to him. "those suckers got you pretty good, huh?" he asks. nineteen glances back at him, wondering how he can be so calm. he starts taking off his belt. owens gasps and looks up. nineteen's hand circles around his, gripping it tightly.

"it's okay, don't talk. i got you, i got you, i got you." hopper repeatedly soothingly. he leans forward, holding his belt. owens takes a deep breath before his face suddenly goes slack and he stares wide eyed at the girl that appears behind nineteen.

"oh, yeah, i've been meaning to tell you." hopper sighs casually after looking to see what he was staring at. nineteen sits back on her knees.

"this is eleven. eleven, doc owens. doc owens, eleven." hopper introduces, tying up his leg. "she's been staying with me for about a year and she, along with this one here," hopper nods at nineteen. "are about to save our asses." he looks up at owens.

"maybe when this is all said and done, maybe you could help her out, too, you know? maybe you could help them lead, like, a normal life. one where they're not poked and prodded and treated like some kind of lab rat, you know?"

nineteen looks back at eleven, who stares intently at her.

we're gonna be normal.

"i don't know. just a thought." he then tightens the belt impossibly tight. nineteen winces as owens groans. hopper lays his hand on owens shoulder. "but, uh.. think about it."