Chapter 54

To Bai YueSheng, this name was forbidden.

Everyone who lived had some kind of bottom line that shouldn’t be touched, and so Wei Zhen was the existence that Bai YueSheng didn’t want brought up the most.

Ah Jiu knew this. Although in that world Bai YueSheng was just an ordinary person, however when Ah Jiu was partnering with him, he got to know about his life, and all of his experiences in that world.

So Ah Jiu never spoke of it out of respect for Bai YueSheng.

In the first world, and even in the second world, Bai YueSheng wasn’t the current Bai YueSheng.

At that time he was like a beast that just growing fangs and claws; a stubborn, crazy and fierce creature whose only motive was to complete the mission, without any other desires.

Don’t even think about chatting casually with Ah Jiu like this. In those two worlds, in almost a hundred years, the amount of sentences Bai YueSheng exchanged with ah Jiu probably could be counted on one hand.

He was this kind of dark and cold to the bones person.

Compared to the current Bai YueSheng, they could have been two completely different people.

Why did it become like this? Because of Wei Zhen.

In order to forget that man, Bai YueSheng used one hundred years. But Ah Jiu knew that he didn’t really forget, but only learnt to pretend, learned how to hide those painful things in the depths of his heart, and use a careless attitude to face the new future.

Jeremy was a crucial person. When Bai YueSheng saved him he probably had a feeling of familiarity.

Just like when he had met Wei Zhen for the first time and been saved and experienced that beautiful period of time which came after. When he saw Jeremy it was as though he saw the old Bai YueSheng, so he developed the desire to give him a new life. But Bai YueSheng was different to Wei Zhen. He made sure that if there was a beginning, then there would also be a proper ending. At least in the interstellar world, he gave Jeremy a complete and untarnished romance.

After that there was Qiu ChangFeng. When he saved Qiu ChangFeng he probably had a similar sentiment, but because of the requirements of the mission he had to forsake Qiu ChangFeng {T/N: Remember when he pretended to be dead}. Bai YueSheng felt guilty about this and felt as though he had become another Wei Zhen. So afterwards he had wanted to make things up to Qiu ChangFeng, but Qiu ChangFeng wasn’t him, and gave him a different ending.

Imprisoning him.

For the first time Bai YueSheng understood that power was the basis of everything. Because Qiu ChangFeng was more powerful than him, even if he left him, Qiu ChangFeng could still find him, and could even trap him and make it impossible for him to leave him.

But he couldn’t do it… he could only watch with open eyes as Wei Zhen left. Helplessly he lost everything and fell into an abyss of pain.

If it wasn’t for Ah Jiu he probably would have died. He would have passed away having lost everything, with deep regret and despair in his heart.

But if he was powerful, if he wasn’t so small and powerless, then he could also…

So in the end he was unable to hate Qiu ChangFeng, probably because deep in his heart he had an unspeakable sense of envy towards his reprehensible conduct.