14.5 The Ripple On The Still Waters

Start from the beginning

The scholar could still not get the answer. Other than whisking the remaining working cells on his brain, Zhong Song decided to ask Lang Yuan directly, "How did you know?"

Lang Yuan slightly tilted his head to the side and answered, "I read them."

"Read? What do you mean that you read them?" Zhong Song is getting more confused.

"The information, I've read the information about them."

It was clear that Lang Yuan never touched any of these documents nor be able to get a glimpse of them. All the files related of the case were handled carefully by the officials since the information cannot be leaked. Except for today, Lang Yuan's involvement to the case is very little. So how did he manage to know about this?

"Read... Where did you read it?" Zhong Song asked. He thought that Lang Yuan might have some fortune telling tablet or something.

"The archives," Lang Yuan patted JiDan when the big guy stuck on his waist closer.

The archives, like the name itself, is the collection of documents relating to the populace and the state of the nation. Everything you wanted to know in this world is placed on the archive. It was hidden behind the close doors of the library and only those who have access on them can enter. The archive holds one of the nation's important information so it was secured by a number of guards.

Does it mean that Lang Yuan went there? Is he even allowed?

The human is still a human and he has no power to command anyone if not from the orders of the emperor. If he suddenly enters the place, and actually speaking that he is still under probation on that time, he can be sued with treason. In addition, the guards would first inform Zhong Song and the emperor that Lang Yuan wanted to enter the archives.

Lang Yuan didn't know about it so he wasn't aware of the danger he placed his self. He just patted the spoiled son who snuggled on his waist while enjoying the touch and scent of his mother. JiDan shyly smiled, showing his adorable self despite the grown-up look. Someone is actually drinking vinegar while watching the mother and son combo snuggle.

"T-the empress went to the archives?" Zhong Song gulped. He liked this sister in law and he didn't want him to be punished.

"Nope, I didn't," Lang Yuan quickly answered.

"Eh? Then how did you-?" Zhong Song was baffled. "If you didn't go there, how did you-?"

"Hmmm? Lao Shi didn't remember? Didn't Lao Shi allowed us to get access to the books?" Lang Yuan said. "It wasn't me who took the books though, it was Ji-ji. Ji-ji brought all the reading materials and made me read all the important details of this world. I wasn't able to finish it but I did manage to get the information about the general populace."

"Though, there are no pictures on them," Lang Yuan added. "Still, I can remember the description about them and other information like their date of birth and occupation. I know which house of god they serve and when they ascended to the higher realm. If ever I will see them the first time, I will really recognize them."

Zhong Song did remember letting the human use the library since he was busy preparing for the trials. It was also that time when he neglected the youth, almost bringing him to his death. Zhong Song motioned to look at the son to confirm, "Is that true?"

JiDan nodded.

On that time, the little bun hastily pulled anything that could be of use. He pulled a few common records to help Lang Yuan recognize names and the characters that are used to write them. Both people are seriously cramming by just getting whatever information they could get and learn to the fastest time.