Party (2)

As a waiter was passing by, Lisa turned and put her empty glass on the tray he was carrying. The waiter didn't even notice her do this. She was swift yet graceful that it left Jooe's lips parted in awe.

'What the hell was that?' Jooe thought.

"What's up?" Lisa asked the lighter blonde.

"I didn't know you were acquainted with the heiress of Kim Worldwide Hotels."

She almost rolled her eyes. She could easily figure out what was going on in Jooe's head. "Oh, I just met her tonight."

"You're not close?" Asked Jooe.

Lisa shook her head.

Inside, Jooe sneered. 'Good for nothing...' Outside, however, she flashed Lisa a big grin. "That's a relief! I'm still your closest friend!"

Lisa wanted to vomit. 'Closest friend my butt!'

"Your dress is beautiful!" Jooe complimented. "But what happened to the dress I picked out for you?"

"I decided to save it for something else." Lisa answered. "Your dress is lovely as well. I'm glad I bought it for you!"

Jooe's eyes widened in surprise. She looked around to see some of the guests looking at her and Lisa.

"Did you hear that? She bought her friend that dress!"

"That dress looks expensive! I think it's from brand G! How nice of her!"

"Why would anyone let someone else pay for their dress though? Is she broke?"

Jooe, a bit red in the face, quickly pulled Lisa away from that area. They were now standing close to the pool.

She gritted her teeth when Lisa wasn't looking.

'This bitch! Does she want to let other people know I can't afford to buy my own dress?!'

Jooe looked at Lisa and saw the woman with darker blonde hair smiling at her innocently.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. It's nothing!" Jooe let out a small laugh. "It was just too crowded back there. I was feeling slightly uncomfortable. Ha-ha."

"Oh. Okay." Lisa smiled.

"Why don't we go take a look at the food table? Earlier I saw a lot of prettily decorated cakes! They have red velvet, blueberry cheesecake, mocha, chocolate..." With their arms linked together, Jooe was walking at a slow pace and she made it so that Lisa was slowly inching dangerously close to the pool.

Lisa already knew what Jooe was trying to do.

Jooe had done the same thing in Lisa's past life, making the darker blonde wear a ridiculous dress to this party and tricking her into getting in front of the paparazzi was not enough to humiliate Lisa. Jooe made Lisa focus on the conversation instead of where she was walking so Lisa fell into the pool.

Instead of helping Lisa out of the water, she laughed and gave comments that made the crowd laugh along with her. It was then when Jooe decided to end their friendship because she was able to find herself a rich congressman to cling to. She no longer needed Lisa and her money.

Too bad for Jooe, none of that was going to happen today.

"Actually, nothing is okay." Jooe looked at Lisa with an evil glint in her eye.

Who cared if Lisa looked great tonight? With a little nudge from her, the stupid woman would find herself in the pool. She would not be remembered as a beautiful guest, but as the clutz who fell into the swimming pool.