I won't tell anyone

Adam's: POV

-Flashback-

October 18th 1855: London

The streets were packed with people, they talked or standing at the food stalls. Suddenly, I saw a girl with dark messy hair and worn out clothes.

She stole a red apple and ran away. I followed him to a street corner. Poor little girl.

"Please sir, don't send the police after me!" she begged. "I won' tell anyone and what's your name?" I asked kindly. "Charlie!" she said polite and took a bite of the apple.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Adam Kingsleigh!" I replied. "My Prince!" she said and bowed. "Please, call me Adam!" I replied.

"My parents died of an illness and I have lived in a orphanage since I was two. But later I ran away and began to live as a pickpocket!" said Charlie.

"I'm sorry to hear, I hope you find a lovely family who can take care of you!" I replied. "We have the same hair and eyes color, you could be my father!" she said hopefully. "I would love to take care of you, but I can't!" I replied. "Why?" she asked. "My partens wouldn't allow it." I said sadly. "I understand!" replied Charlie.

"I hope we meets again!" I said. "I will never forget you!" she replied. Charlie gave me a hug before she ran away.

***

"Look at your clothes and what is that smell?" mom asked upset. "I happened to pass a fish stalls!" I lied. "You're hopeless!" she said.

"Mother, there are so many orphaned kids who needs a home and I would like take care of one!" I replied. "Absolutely not!" said Mary strictly. "I met a girl named Charlie today, please let me take her of her!" I replied. "We're going home Adam!" said Mary.

I knew it was useless to argue. But I couldn't stop thinking about her. I hope she finds a family and live a happy life.

-End of the flashback-

Poor Adam😢

I hope you liked the chapter.

~CharlieGlambert~