Chapter-1

'Laden with the beauties of this world, life is just like an illusion often tricking us between what it reflects and what it actually radiates'
~ ~ ~

Yana narrows her eyes scrutinising the computer screen. She clicks the mouse and giggles like she's having the time of her life.

I stand there tapping my feet.
"Be more sensible, " I say.

She shrugs, " Aren't I always?"

"No, I think the word for how you usually are is reckless."

"Why are you standing so far? One peek won't destroy your sanity, " she says without looking at me. Her eyes glint catching every sliver of light from the computer screen.

I keep quiet and cross my arms. I wish I had never told her. Early this morning Silver7 members were here uploading their stuff and later when I came to check my online bills, I found Jungkook forgot to sign off his account.

Apparently, I spread this sensitive information to Yana who went completely nuts and is now backing up all his data.

"What are you so scared of Kim?" She gives me a sideways smile "Girls will die for this stuff."

"Have fun dying." I snap back. " I'm going for the rounds, you coming?"

"Na. Hey! He's checking out so many girls at the same time." She bounces in her chair.

"You have no chance then."

She looks up for the first time and wrinkles her nose like she tasted something sour. That got on the spot, I smile.

"You are so dolt." She raises her eyebrow. "That actually increases my chances."

I shake my head in response. She is a different kind of fangirl archetype formally unheard by humankind.

"Whatever, just don't get in trouble, " I say.

She was my first pal in this academy. Too shy at first to even talk but then, since we were in the same dorm things got easy between us. Now keeping her quiet even for a second is impossible.

"Jeesh, chill up. I'm not exposing his privacy to anyone."

I smile at the irony. It's humorous to imagine how wild her expressions will be when next time she encounters Jungkook in the corridors. Surely I don't wanna miss it.

"Okay then I'll meet you in the evening, " I say as I close the door behind me.

I quickly collect the health manuals from the med care room. My stethoscope was already in my lab coat.

I joined Ze Tan Academy of Entertainment as a paramedic for performers and staff for more than a year now. There isn't much to do except treating scraped arms or workout bruises. But the simplicity of work wasn't the reason I joined here and like Yana neither was it to be close to superstar performers. She's in the advertisement by the way.

Ze Tan and I go way back. Its identity was in the wilderness when I first joined it. It is even now but with a perfect veil of limelight covering everything.

I clench the hem of my shirt to steady my hands. Past always bring back vestiges of my own struggles here.