Chapter 25

I knew something was wrong.

From the moment I entered the hospital. From the moment I got the phone call from my doctor, telling me I needed to organise a meeting with him.

A few days ago I had experienced a routine check up. The doctor said he would contact me in a couple of weeks to explain to me that everything was okay. If everything was okay. Which it obviously wasn't as he had telephoned me only a day after the check up.

"What is it?" I had asked over the phone to his secretary.

After a few moments of whispering, the secretary spoke, "He says it's not something that can be said over the phone."

So I booked an appointment with him and gave Anna to my Mom to look after, not really thinking much of it. But as the hours passed by I realised that this wasn't going to be an ordinary meeting.

I was looking down at my shoes until I heard the door open. My doctor walked in to the dimly lit meeting room, a strange expression on his face. He sat on a chair and it made a faint screeching noise.

"Hazel..." he began.

Authors note:

This chapter is purposefully short, like it's a technique.

Once this book is finished going to go through the book and edit everything as well as deleting all the un important authors notes(: