Chapter 11

I smiled down at the little baby in my arms. She was wrapped up in a snow-white shawl and stared up at me with her crystal blue eyes. Little tufts of curly blonde hair poked upwards. Her pink, heart shaped mouth puckered. I guess she needed feeding.

I awkwardly lifted up my hospital gown and held my baby under it. It was the first time I'd breastfed so I was nervous but the baby did all the work. A midwife creeped in, obviously thinking I was asleep but when she saw us then a delighted smile appeared on her face.

"Oh Hazel," she smiled. "You're doing wonderfully. Try and get some sleep though dear," she said while leaving.

I smiled tiredly at her. I was very sleepy, but I couldn't go to sleep. How could I ever sleep when my beautiful baby was here? I wasted to spend every moment of my life with her. She wanted to spend every moment with me too. Eventually her eyes started closing.

I stroked her cheek softly and sung her a lullaby. When she was fully asleep, and I was just closing my eyes, somebody burst in. I sat bolt upright in my seat and my baby whimpered and moved restlessly. It was Isaac with a looped arm around his mom.

"Oh sorry Hazel," whispered Isaac's mom. "Did we we wake you? We'll come back later..."

I shook my head, "No, no please stay."

Isaac's mom kissed his cheek and said "See you soon sweetie," and walked out the door.

Isaac rushed over to me and nearly fell over.

"Jeez Isaac watch it!" I shrieked, protecting my baby with my arms.

Isaac giggled and I laughed along with him. He found his way to an orange plastic chair next to my bed.

Isaac wrinkled his nose. "Yuck, disinfectant." he said.

"Yeah I know it stinks," I gagged.

"So...can I hold her?" Isaac motioned towards the baby.

"Y-yeah I guess so. Sure." I said nervously.

Inside I was dreading giving my baby to Isaac. He couldn't even see, what if something went wrong and he dropped her? I still had a sense of over protect for my baby, so how could I give her too a blind kid?

Isaac must of sensed my reluctant-less so he sighed, "No, it doesn't matter."

He slumped back in the chair tapped his foot.

"Issac it's just-" I tried to speak but he cut me off.

"Yeah Hazel, I get it. It's fine." said Isaac, a false smile plastered across his face.

It wasn't fine.

In a rash decision, I scooped up the baby and plonked her on his lap. He gasped, then smiled and held the baby, somehow managing to support her in his arms. He had a real smile on his face now. The baby, in this sudden movement, started crying.

"Hazel! What do I do! Hazel!" shrieked Isaac.

I lazily turned to look at him, "What do you mean?"

"She's crying, how do I make her stop?" said Isaac nervously.

I laughed. "Isaac, all baby's cry. Especially when they're new born. There's not really a way to get them to stop." I said as I rolled over on my bed, finally trying to get some much needed sleep.

I heard Isaac talking softly to my baby. Smiling, I closed my eyes. I suddenly awoke though when he said,

"Hey, what are you going to call her?" asked Isaac and I sat upright, rubbing my eyes.

"Oh my gosh I don't know!" I gasped. "There is so many possibilities, but I want Augustus' name to be involved and...AGGHH!"

"How about Isaac? That's a sexy name." smirked Isaac.

"I'm not calling my little girl Isaac!" I laughed back at him.

I thought hard, and then it clicked. The name that brought me and Augustus together, the name that basically made my baby.

"Anna..." I whispered. "Her name is Anna."

"That's beautiful," said Isaac, smiling down at Anna. He thought for a second. "And sexy. Anna is a sexy name."

My mom and dad walked in at that precise moment. Even though they had both already seen the baby, they still smiled joyfully.

"Meet Anna August Waters, my child," I said boldly, pointing towards the baby.

Sorry this is a really rubbish, short chapter but I really needed to update cause ive not updated in ages :( SORRY!

So you met the baby. Her first name is Anna after the main character Hazel's favourite book 'An Imperial Affliction' and also the book that brought Hazel and Augustus together. Her middle name is August because it is a girl abbreviation of Augustus. Her last name is Waters as that is her dads last name.

I've not updated for ages because my iPod keeps deleting things and going crazy so I think it's nearly broken, so I'll try update on my mams phone.

I'll try finish this story by "The fault in our stars movie" USA release date. Love you all!

Oh and read one of my favourite percy jackson fan fics called 'Percabeth' by kaylamanson14

Seriously please read it, it's so good!