Chapter 7

"Hazel...Hazel?" asked somebody gently.

I didn't want to open my eyes. My whole body ached especially my head. My nostrils caught a whiff of disinfectant. That could only be one place. Hospital. I slowly opened my eyes to see Isaac sitting on a chair, a worried glance on his face.

"Yes?" I croaked.

"Oh thank god your okay!" Isaac gasped. That's when I realised he was crying.

"What happened?" I asked. My throat was sore and croaky.

Isaac placed a finger to his lips. "Shh. You're not supposed to speak. The doctors say your not meant to strain your voice."

"Isaac, I really don't care. What happened?" I barely could whisper.

Isaac looked at me for a while before speaking. Well, his head was pointed in the direction of me.

"After I left, you passed out. It's not serious, the doctors told me that many woman have fainting and dizzy spells once they are 5 months pregnant. But as you fell, you knocked your breathing tube out.." Isaac gulped.

"Anyway," he continued. "I rushed in when I heard the clunk of your oxygen tank hitting the floor. It took me ages to find the doorknob. I obviously couldn't see you, and when I shouted for you there was no answer. I thought at first you might of been annoyed at me and refuse to talk to me, but I decided to be cautious so I phoned 911. Once they came in, I knew something was wrong. I could here a lot of muttering and talking. Nobody told me what was going on. I thought..." Isaac stopped again, then carried on.

"Eventually a nurse helped me into the back of an ambulance and explained everything. You were dying Hazel! When the doctors reached you, you were passed out on the floor. You weren't responding to anything even after you had got your oxygen levels back to normal. They thought you wouldn't make it. God you gave me such a fright!"

"The baby?" I questioned worriedly. I suddenly remembered, "And what about my parents?"

"Fine," Isaac smiled. "No harm done to the baby at all. Your parents don't know, would you like to contact them?"

I sighed gratefully.

"No," I replied. "I don't want to drag them into this. Nothing's wrong anyway."

I peered at Isaacs face. It looked troubled. "What's wrong?" I asked him cautiously.

Isaac gave me a fake smile and said with false enthusiasm, "Nothing! Nothing at all! I'm the happiest man alive!"

I stared at him, one eyebrow raised. Eventually, he stopped smiling and sighed at me.

"Hazel. If I hadn't left you by yourself, you might of not ended up here!"

"What?" I was confused. "What are you on about Isaac?"

"I left you by yourself in your flat and you nearly die! I shouldn't of left you at all. What was I thinking? You could of died and it would of been my fault!" he said.

"Isaac! I was the one who told you to leave me alone, if you stayed I probably would of killed you! Anyway, it was just unfortunate that you were outside my flat at that time, if I was alone the same thing would of happened. Actually, it was fortunate that you were outside my room and heard me fall, if you weren't I would of died!" I protested.

"Don't say that," said Isaac quietly.

"Sorry," I muttered.

"I just don't want to lose both my bestfriends. Especially not you," he smiled shyly at me.

"What does he mean 'especially not me'?" I thought.

"Until the next time, Hazel Grace" whispered Isaac.

"Hazel Grace?" I thought to myself in disgust. I only liked one person calling me that, and that person is not Isaac.

Isaac felt around my face till he had his hands on my cheeks. In the process he brushed a hand against my lips. We stayed frozen for a second, Isaac's hands placed gently on my cheeks, my eyes staring into his huge dark glasses. Then the unbelievable happened.

Isaac leaned towards me, hesitated, then kissed me on the lips. I was frozen, unable to do anything. I was in shock. Isaac leaned away and walked out of the room with his cane. I still couldn't move. Isaac had just kissed me...and that wasn't a good thing.

Authors Note: Short chapter sorry! So yeah, Isaac has feelings for hazel but she doesn't like him in the same way back. Augustus is hazel's one true love. I made Isaac do that because I think he's trying to forget about Monica, move on with his life. And to do that he must confess his attractions to hazel!

I love you all(: