Regardless of the day he was always had only one expression plastered on his face. Cold. Stoic. My gaze shifts to the hot dog and other street food stalls towards my left and I slow my pace down. I decide to go check the rates. A smile decorates my face when I look at the deliciously stuffed food. I decide to grab one. Just when I was above to pay I find a a sleeved hand extend the note. I turn around and was flabbergasted at looking at him.

Ray.

He grudgingly pays the bill and I decide to let it slide this once. I didn't want to a create a scene here in public. I don't raise my eyes, seeing him after so long made me absolutely speechless..if I think about it I felt no emotion. I was stripped of them. I silently take my hotdog and stand by and wait for him to grab his. Once he is done he stands still in front of me. I stand frozen there too. We hardly say a word but there was so much to talk. He takes a deep breath and looks at me.

"How are you?"  He silently questions me. The burning sun's glare casts  a dark shadow. I look away and almost nonchalantly reply.

"Married." This time I meet his stare and for the first time take him in. He wore light blue jeans and a black leather jacket. His brown cropped hair was jelled to his side  while his faded green eyes look at me with an emotion I couldn't point out. This new Ray completely stunned me. He wasn't like the guy I knew in back in the high school, he wasn't like my best friend at all. Ray I knew had long hair, Ray I knew always smiled at me no matter what.

"Yea..to The one and only Terence Rodriguez" he sarcastically throws it on my face and I give him a glare. He causally catches his ear and looks away. He was nervous. I huff a breath.

"Look Ray, if you have nothing better to do than stand here like this throwing whatsoever you want on  my face..guess what! I have better things to do."  I Clutch my wrapped dog  harder and start walking away.

"Nevaeh.! Listen to me hey hey.." he catches my wrist and I immediately pry it away. I look around to find people giving us glances. I try and compose myself and look at his frowning face.

"Listen here and listen good. Elisa, you and I were a myth. It was a temporary bliss and guess what I was too naive to understand that people alter their personality..damn how stupid  I was..I thought you both will always there  no matter what. But you know what Ray? I'm done being the good girl. I don't being someone you both can walk on. You both are the most busiest 'friends' on this goddamn planet right..and honestly I don't care anymore. To hell with both of you!" I spit it on his face. People now stopped and started watching us.

"Sh..Nevaeh  lets no talk here..let's go some where private. Please." I don't reply and stand erect. I hear someone asking me if everything is alright and I look at Ray who was almost begging me now and I give him a feeble nod.

We walk down to a nearby local park and make ourselves comfortable on a wooden bench. I sit far away from him. I concentrate on enjoying my food than actually pay attention to what Ray was trying to say.

"I understand that we weren't in all the phases you had to endure but trust me it wasn't our intention." I scoff.

"Yeah right it was never your intention."

"Nevaeh you are behaving childish! Real friendships are the one where you needn't  to call every other  day" my eyes grow heavy.

"Know this one Ray. Real friends are those who invest their time and energy to make their bond work. And what nonsense are you talking about? Calling every other day..you guys took ages to call me, check on me! You cannot distance all at once and let me make it very clear Ray— you cannot expect me to understand each and every fucking time!" We both grow silent. I try to calm my raging heart beat..look at his audacity to still call himself my friend after never really being one.