Chapter fifty

Her head felt tired after the internal battle with herself and she wanted nothing more, but to sit down. However, how could she when at any moment Feng Qi could come down this way?

She might of pushed back her conflicted emotions, yet she still didn't think she would be alright seeing him again.

Normally, in the situation that she had unpleasant thoughts, she would think about Feng Qi to get rid of them.

"Ha. Too much for him being the cure to everything." Meng rubbed her head in annoyance as she thought about this.

Her choice to involve herself with her idol really ending up with her stepping on her own foot. Was it even worth it in the end?

At the thought a clear cut reminder creeped into her mind of her in her dark, torn down apartment. Anyone who saw this would think it was an extremely sad image. However, only she knew that this image was actually the happiest day of her life.

Meng in the image was completely alone with a small smile of her face while her hand endlessly clicked on a mouse. It was the first day she didn't feel alone, the first day she found Defying Moonlight and read about Feng Qi. 'Yes. It is worth it.

———-

With that thought a change seemed to go through the entire castle. Some felt a threatening chill go down their backs, while somewhere in a dark library an old man had a light shinning in his eye.

Sure, his disciple might be a bit of a Psychopath, who could possible turn around and attack him at any moment. However, with talent like this it would be a shame to let it go to waste.

"Who cares how many she killed! This old man recognized her as his disciple, I've never been wrong about that." He grumbled to himself in an attempt to make himself feel better after sulking all day.

————

Withdrawing her hand from her face, she looked up the stairs that led to the main castle. Meng turned her idol dumb, therefore she couldn't be unfaithful and run off without taking full responsibility.

With a refreshed brain she took her first step. If Feng Qi started to bring up memories she never wanted to think of again, she just needed something else to preoccupy her mind.

...

Meng reached her room and tossed the torture belt on to the bed. Then walked to a mirror drawer before pulling it open. Inside of the drawer were pieces of papers with names on them. Meng looked through the papers before helplessly grabbing a bunch.

"Maid!"

Meng sat down on a chair in front of the mirror in a relaxed manner.

Rushed foot steps entered her ears as Su Lou walked in from the hallway. The ghost like Su Lou entered with a complexion as pale as the dead and an emotionless face. Her dingy clothing only made her resemble a ghost even more.

"Yes Princess." The Maid did a shakily full bow to the ground without her arm.

"First, what is your name?"

"This servant is called Su Lou."

Meng looked back through the papers before finding Su Lou's slave contract. Separating it, she placed the others back into the drawer.

"Now, I have a proposition for you Su Lou."